Mtn. Don

Started by PEG688, June 08, 2007, 10:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbiest

Love the auto shades myself.  The best part about a good welding cap, is that it keeps the little buggers out of your ears!  Nothing worse than a stray spark (from grinding too) going in there.  Ok, maybe some things are worse, like the eye.  I spent about 6 hours one day welding a new floor into the bed of a dump truck.  4x8' 1/4" sheets, all day long, 95 deg out or so, couldn't pull it into the shop either.  I know my boss was glad he wasn't the young guy in the shop anymore!

benevolance

hot sparks suck no matter where they burn you...Eye damage is not cool though...

it has been 95 degrees here pretty much everyday....Well I think it only got to 94 today.. was pretty cool.. been in the high nineties for a long time now...

I will get used to the auto tint helmet....And when I do I will probably prefer it....Years of the flip down glass has me missing that style helmet

I get to spend all week-end sandblasting a 70 dart I am restoring to sell at the Carlisle mopar swap meet July 11...Just bought it this week...Going to pull the engine blast it paint it rebuild the motor and fix the interior so I can sell it for some decent money

as much as I hate to weld....I hate sandblasting even more :(