Why do the Heathen Rage

Started by peternap, October 27, 2010, 06:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I wonder if others notice that as they get older, their tolerance level goes down?

A while back I mentioned to Mountain Don that I had to constantly watch myself because my temper had gotten worse.

I'm finding now that I just have no tolerance for some people altogether. Even gun some people. Especially the ones that think owning a gun somehow makes them tougher or stronger or worse yet, the ones that treat carrying a gun like a game. Here recently, I've just gotten fed up with the ones that think having a CHP gives them VIP status.

Of course it isn't just gun people. It seems to be everyone that I used to try to ignore, but be polite to.

Is this just me, or is society in general getting more idiotic? ???...Maybe aliens are targeting me with a Grouch Beam >:(
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

fishing_guy

They don't call 'em OLD curmudgeons for nothing.
I'm pretty sure it is something that comes with age.  I find that I have more patience with younger children and less with adults, especially politicians.
I never used to get mad at work.  Now when someone isn't hauling their weight, I find myself calling them on it.
A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

NM_Shooter

It's hit me, and I'm pushing 50.  I have no tolerance for the entitlement types... those who refuse to admit that their own behavior is causing their own woes. 

Unfortunately I am typcasting them.  I see a behavior that fits the "profile" and I immediately get bugged and mentally put them in a pile. 

This is not a trait I like in myself.  I need to do a better job of looking for the good in folks.  Otherwise, it is somewhat hypocritical...and I hate that trait most of all.
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

rick91351

Peter please excuse my ignorance here - but what is CHP?  I ran a search and it went from California Highway Patrol to Catholic Health-care Providers.  

I too echo fish_guy I too think I have huge patience and tolerance with my grand kids, a lot more than I had with my kids.  But others that should know better or they do and refuse to act on it sort of $%#$# me.   ;D  

I do notice especially a certain segment of the people that visit the area where my ranch is at sets me off.  There is a very popular rafting river.  As in most of these types of rivers they are in a canyon and because of this the road is very narrow and very steep coming into it and exiting it from either direction.  And right there at the bottom at the river you have to make the sharp curve at the bridge that is the rafters take out point.

At the take out point, they seem to think they have preference over commerce ie the few cattle trucks, logging trucks, and equipment trucks who need the whole road to get turned on to and off the bridge.  They also seem to think they have preference over the locals with autos and pickups and trailers, as well as the fishermen, campers and the tourists.  They back down the road get in line waiting for the take out.  They block the road from others using it, that is bad enough but they just stand around there and talk and make no attempt to move their rigs as they are waiting for the others to get done at the take out ramp.  This summer when I did get around these rigs using what little room there was I floored it and sprayed them - rigs and rafters.  Then I spent a couple weeks up set at myself for loosing it.  I sort of lamented on the reported words of Rodney King.  "Can't we all just get along?"

But then not all but some are idiots, low in the gene pool I am afraid.  I have seen them going down this mountain road with their rafts loaded on trailers and their kids are sitting back there on the rafts on the trailers.  My God if a hitch or tongue should fail, or just take a corner to fast and hook the barrow pit or a hundred other scenarios you have dead kids.            

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MountainDon

The world is full of a$$holes!!!  

Patience often seems to wear thin quickly. Is it because as some of us get older we realize we are over the hump, into the second half, maybe the fourth quarter, and we don't want to waste precious time with idiots and damn fools?

Frank, you're a youngster.

rick, CHP=Concealed Handgun Permit
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

Quote from: rick91351 on October 27, 2010, 09:26:15 AM
Peter please excuse my ignorance here - but what is CHP?  I ran a search and it went from California Highway Patrol to Catholic Health-care Providers. 

Concealed Handgun Permit, Rick.
In Va, you can carry a gun openly without a permit but to conceal one on your person, you need a permit.
The darned kids look forward to turning 21 and getting their CHP as much as they look forward to getting their drivers license at 16.

I just don't understand the love of getting a permit to carry a gun when you don't need to.

People have always been able to open carry in a place that serves drinks but could not conceal. Personally, I don't like the idea and rarely do it but since most restaurants do serve alcohol, I supported a bill to allow CHP's to carry if they don't drink. OC can still drink and that is just stupid...but anyway, ever since that passed it has been like opening Pandora's Box.

Permit holders now think they should have all kinds of special privileges over non permit holders. That is dangerous and if left unchecked, could create a permit state.
The problem with fighting Perks for Permit bills, is that the anti gun legislators suddenly become your best resource for killing the bills.

Catch 22 and I can't seem to make the idiots understand that. >:(
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

dug

QuoteIs this just me, or is society in general getting more idiotic?

Most definitely.

My theory is that as people age they are less likely to be concerned about what people, particularly strangers, think of them and more apt to speak what is really on their mind.

When I was a kid my friends grandfather, in his 80's at the time, would do things like saunter up to a particularly large woman in a grocery store and say "How much do you weigh?". Not with malice, just genuinely curious. One of my favorite old geezers, I hope I age as gracefully.

rick91351

Quote from: peternap on October 27, 2010, 10:00:17 AM
Quote from: rick91351 on October 27, 2010, 09:26:15 AM
Peter please excuse my ignorance here - but what is CHP?  I ran a search and it went from California Highway Patrol to Catholic Health-care Providers. 

Concealed Handgun Permit, Rick.

Permit holders now think they should have all kinds of special privileges over non permit holders. That is dangerous and if left unchecked, could create a permit state.
The problem with fighting Perks for Permit bills, is that the anti gun legislators suddenly become your best resource for killing the bills.

Catch 22 and I can't seem to make the idiots understand that. >:(

Peter I thought it was something like that.  Here it is a CC conceal and carry endorsement on your drivers license or state ID.  And yes it seems it is always some 21 to 25 year old punk.  I think of them as being post puberty - pre-adult that winds up in trouble.  And no I do not think all 21 to 25 year old fit that by no means.  I know some of the most level headed great people that land there in that age group.  Yet is there not a certain stigma that goes with special training.  Sort of the we are all equal but some are more equal mind set.

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

peternap

QuoteYet is there not a certain stigma that goes with special training.  Sort of the we are all equal but some are more equal mind set.

There might be Rick...if there was special training.
Va is a "Shall issue" state.

A Hunter Safety course online, qualifies as your training.

No special background check either. Can't have any felonies or misdemeanors within the last 3 years or domestic restraining orders. Other than that, you're good to go.

StinkerBell

I have just learned to hate everyone equally. This way I can never be told I am prejudice.

rick91351

Quote from: peternap on October 27, 2010, 10:45:34 AM
QuoteYet is there not a certain stigma that goes with special training.  Sort of the we are all equal but some are more equal mind set.

There might be Rick...if there was special training.
Va is a "Shall issue" state.

A Hunter Safety course online, qualifies as your training.

No special background check either. Can't have any felonies or misdemeanors within the last 3 years or domestic restraining orders. Other than that, you're good to go.

Peter I was assuming I guess.  Out here in the wild west of Idaho I can not get a CC with out attending the course, applying to a local sheriff, there has to be a back ground check.  Of course no felonies.

NM_Shooter

Stink, you crack me up.  I needed that laugh!
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

muldoon

the more I look around the more clear it is to me that we have exactly the government and exactly the financial system we ask for and deserve.  so yeah, I pretty much stay grouchy too.