Bill Nye ‘The Science Guy’: Denying Climate Change ‘Unpatriotic,’ ‘Inappropriate

Started by RainDog, February 11, 2010, 11:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottA

I spent some hours looking into this. I concede that there is no way I can truly prove this issue one way or the other. I have no way to verify the data. I don't know how it was used. The available data is incomplete. The time involved to put it all together is not available. I have my opinion based mostly on my gut instinct. The issue smells rotten to me. So to those who disagree I'll just say you have a right to your opinion. No matter how strong you feel about the issue it can not be proven one way or the other. It is a theory. That theory being that global warming is caused by man. I support being friendly to the enviroment as much as possible but we still have a right to live on this planet as much as the next weed. It looks as if this issue is being used to push some sort of anti-human agenda. Who in thier right mind really feels the world deserves to be rid of humans? I say let them lead the way or STFU. Sorry but I'm done with this topic.

OlJarhead

I think I need to go out and do something --

Raindog, I'm a moron.
Sorry.

But boy did I have one hell of an essay written ;)

Seriously, I won't beat myself up too much, but it's clear I'm a little too tired of this debate (AGW vs. Natural Cycles) to even read what's written before my post.

My hat's off to you sir for striving to get through to my clearly thick skull.
I sincerely apologize for not actually reading ALL of what you'd written.

OlJarhead

Now for the rest:  I don't believe man has anything to do with global climates, I personally believe the data is tainted and my gut tells me that that the AGW crowd is not only wrong, but also corrupt.

Thanks Raindog for finally getting through.

pagan

OlJarhead,

I read your long essay before you altered it, sorry you felt the need to change your post.

OlJarhead

Quote from: pagancelt on February 17, 2010, 02:59:27 PM
OlJarhead,

I read your long essay before you altered it, sorry you felt the need to change your post.

Thanks Pag but in all honesty I was off on a tangent that wasn't warranted.  Sadly, I let myself get into something due to other debates I've had without actually giving credit where it was due.  The essay shoudl not have been addressed to raindog who was actually correct in my behavior.  :-[

Perhaps I'm just too passionate about the subject and get carried away responding without paying enough attention to the individual -- in this case I certainly did and am somewhat ashamed of myself for doing so.

Raindog was absolutely correct in his assessment of my responses and thus, despite my 'essay' perhaps being well crafted it's no longer relevant.

Sorry.
Clearly I need to get to the cabin and some fresh air this weekend!

RainDog

After having witnessed and participated in this thread and similar ones on other forums, what always strikes me is how similar the tree-hugging Goracle groupies and the Climate change deniers are. I mean, they share exactly the same mind set.

Willing to defend to the death, without question, the belief system they've been told to embrace.

Anyhow, nobody got killed. I do believe we may all survive this thread.  ;)
NE OK

OlJarhead

Quote from: RainDog on February 17, 2010, 03:42:27 PM
After having witnessed and participated in this thread and similar ones on other forums, what always strikes me is how similar the tree-hugging Goracle groupies and the Climate change deniers are. I mean, they share exactly the same mind set.

Willing to defend to the death, without question, the belief system they've been told to embrace.

Anyhow, nobody got killed. I do believe we may all survive this thread.  ;)

We may yet ;)

It is good sometimes, however, to listen and reflect on what's being said.  After all, one might find (I certainly did) that taking a little more time to contemplate the responses might be in order before exhausting energies to refute a perceived point.