New VP

Started by glenn kangiser, June 14, 2008, 08:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

Quote from: sparks on September 09, 2008, 09:30:19 PM
Glen is a rabble rouser, and he knows it!!   :)  so was jc  ;D

Thank you Sparks.

If one side of this discussion needs a hand let me know and I'll jump in and give a hand.   I hate them all equally. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

georgevacabin

Good morning folks,

Hi Sparks - Of course not.  I'm just responding to views coming out of the party which seems to dismiss or belittle community service.  Besides, Obama was an organizer - in his twenties I believe?

As for voting 'present', I don't clam to know politics inside and out.  But the cynical side of me thinks it is an example of politics in general.

Yes, this is a VP thread.  But doesn't now seem that the RP has positioned Plain that it now appears to be a Palin vs Obama campaign?  And about personalities and not issues?

glenn kangiser

This is a Palin rescues the McCain campaign statement, but lets not forget, under that pretty face, she has still lowered herself to be a politician.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Ugly goes clear to the bone.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

lonelytree

"Community Organizer" was aimed at Obama and no one else. It was not an insult to the many community organizers out there doing great (and bad, as not all community organizers do positive things) work. It was aimed to downplay his qualifications to be President. I thank the media and spin artists for that one.

Quote"I'm a teacher with two kids and a husband and I struggle every day. None of it gets the attention it deserves," says Michelle Daniszewski, 35, who is married and lives on the Main Line. "Maybe [Palin] is this great woman who can manage, but I don't know how."

Not only that, Daniszewski believes that a dedicated mother wouldn't exploit a pregnant daughter and a baby with Down syndrome as pawns for political gain.

"I do think of her less as a mom because she put her [children] in a horrible situation," she said.

This lady is an overachiever. ::)  My grandmother raised 12 children while managing and dispatching a trucking company. I spent 21 years in the military with women that could fix F-15s, raise 4 kids, deploy to Korea with 12 hours notice, attend college etc.....

If showing your kids what a woman can do in 2008 America is a horrible thing to this woman then she needs to go back to 1920. Just horrible. ::) ::) She also states that she is struggling every day. Maybe she needs to quit her teaching job and be a stay at home mom so her kids aren't in a horrible environment. It sounds like she is over her head. Everyone has their own level in the gene pool.

If anyone 'exploited' the pregnant daughter it was the press. I am sure that the family would prefer to keep it in the laundry bin instead of in the public eye. They knew it would come out. Why not just put it out there instead.

I have seen nothing but support by Sarah toward her new baby. Stating that she understands people with special needs children is to show commonality with like families and not necessarily for political gain. Actually, I find that anyone suggesting that to be a bit far reaching.

I am off for Wasilla tomorrow. I will see how the people up there are reacting to the last 2 weeks news.

Mike

MountainDon

The term community organizer can encompass a wide gamut of things. I still don't know what Obama did as a community organizer.   ???  Could be good, could be bad, could be indifferent?

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.