Illegal Immigration; where do you stand?

Started by MountainDon, April 08, 2007, 02:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

The Mexican Government wants the best of two worlds... They want to keep the riff raff out of their country, and they do with an iron fist.  At the same time they believe their own citizens have the right to enter and work in the USA without permission of the US Government. The Mexican Government looks at the USA as a source of income to counterbalance the Mexicans own shortcomings. Our US Government doesn't want to do anything about the situation either.  >:(

The Mexican Government even goes as far as to promote the idea of their people coming here to work; illegally. There was the case of the infamous Mex Gov sponsored comic book that detailed how to evade the US Immigration authorities.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Sassy

You are so right - and what about Ramos & Compean - the 2 border patrols who are still in prison for doing their job?  They've been in prison for at least a year & in solitary confinement most of the time - one for his own safety after he was badly beaten by illegal aliens in prison...  unbelievable!  
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

StinkerBell

It makes me mad, this illegal issue the government is not dealing with. Yet when I travel to and from the USA I need a passport.

MountainDon

Well that's to make sure you, the law abiding citizen of the USA, doesn't try something "funny".

I wouldn't mind that so much if the border problem was under control. This IS a federal responsibility. Trying to put the onus on the employer bothers me a bit when the feds refuse to really get on top of the issue at the border itself.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

StinkerBell

The more I think about it, I think it's all glen's fault.

glenn kangiser

Stink, You and I are among the few who realize that I am the center of the universe.  Yes -- things revolve around me. :o

Without the realization of the rest of the world, I am afraid I am powerless to stop illegal immigration. :(

Now you see the power of a lack of faith.  Convince the rest --for all of our sakes. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

StinkerBell

glenn kangiser

For you, Stink, I will give it a try. :-?

I am going to start by refusing to eat Mexican food.  Not only will I begin to wreck their means of support, I will also have less indigestion. :)

Please follow my lead -- drop that taco. :-/

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

williet

No Mexican Food!!! :o

Don't get crazy on us, Glenn. Maybe we should give ALLl the illegals a drivers liscense and a voter ID card.....OH!!!! The government is already working on that.

If they drive, have a job, vote and get a free education and free healthcare...... what do WE as citizens get?

That's right!!!! We get to pay TAXES. :-/

MountainDon

Quote.... what do WE as citizens get?
...shafted

On a brighter note. Gov Bill Richardson of NM, has declared that his proposed health care plan for all New Mexicans will not cover illegal immigrants. Woo hoo! Oh but wait... he's still not going to give them the boot. Nope, he's a Dem looking for votes. They'll just have to remain uninsured and get free care like they do at present. Remember, he gave illegal immigrants New Mexico drivers licenses a few years ago.  >:(

glenn kangiser

Practicing what I preach, guys --- this morning I turned down the salsa on the side for my breakfast burrito-- I told her I wanted a Gringo burrito -- bacon and eggs - no salsa or pepper sauce. ;D

Was that allowed or should I have had it on a biscuit --- I mean - after all -- I am in their state.  Isn't it enough that I made them leave out the salsa? :-?

williet

BISCUIT if you really mean it! ;D

I think we should accept the food from illegal Mexicans, just not the up-keep for them and ALL their family members....I know that's kinda hypocritical....but....I REALLY like Mexican food! ;) And besides...the salsa I make is AMERICAN salsa.

It's hard to be fare about this and I feel guilty judging Bush over his stand on Mexicans....I love their food and he loves their destruction of the American middle class. Not sure which is gonna win out, but I don't think it matters much. We all spend too much time worring about the Mexicans...it's the Chinese who own most of our money and it looks like they're cashin in. They'll teach us to eat lead and learn to like it! :o

glenn kangiser

Actually -- I like people from all over the world and lumping them all together, I pretty well dislike politicians from all over the world.  If politics, big business, religion or greed cause people to kill each other then I dislike all of that.  I have been to Mexico many times - like Mexican food there better than here and like nearly all of the common people I met there.  

We went to France and I liked nearly all of the common people there.  As I have seen anywhere I go, they will do everything they can for you -- even if you have a very poor grasp of their language.  Even backwoods America is alive with helpful people who  each have their own story -- and no matter where you go it seems there is always that 1% or so who would kill you as soon as look at you. :o

The illegals just want to better themselves.  They come from next to nothing and just want to make things better for their family.  We should not blame them for OUR big business selling us down the river.  Our big business and government whores are shafting us.   >:(

China is a two edged sword.  We can lose to them -- big business and gov. selling us out, but we can benefit greatly also by getting the cheaper goods we need because of the shafting we are getting by our own country giving away our jobs and sending us toward the poverty level.

I have had many conversations with English speaking Chinese people on Skype.  All seemed to be likable people wanting to learn of Americans and willing to talk about life there also.

Sassy

DEADLY DISEASES MIGRATING INTO AMERICA WITH ILLEGAL ALIENS

By Frosty Wooldridge
November 8, 2007
NewsWithViews.com

Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa supports while encouraging over two million illegal aliens in the City of Angels. He's not too happy, however, about the 20,000 Mexican and Central American gang-bangers wreaking havoc in his streets where cops fear to tread. L.A. jails bursting with convicted alien felons thrills him not one peso! Bankrupting hospitals and failing schools illustrate his incompetence.

In fact, everything in L.A. reflects Mexico City's culture: crime, drugs, rapes, drunken driving accidents, drive-by shootings, schools in disarray, hospitals collapsing and prisons bursting at the bars.

This week, he proudly announced another first: Latin American scourge turning up in U.S. immigrants. In L.A., the nation's first clinic opens to treat deadly insect-borne Chagas disease. As little as ten years ago, no one ever heard of Chagas disease in the United States.  con't at link

http://www.newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frosty309.htm

StinkerBell

The solution is to take Mexico and make it like Puerto Rico and Guam. A non state but a US territory.

edit to add: The US Marshall Islands, but I am not sure if anyone lives on them......

StinkerBell

What no response to my wonderful idea?

No, that is BRILLIANT Stinker!?

lol

glenn kangiser

Sorry Stink, I think I rushed through the postings and failed to get back to this. :-/

Seems our government can't even take care of what it controls now so I don't know if that would work.  I think if we want to continue to use Mexican slaves, we are just goig to have to learn to speak Spanish.

Si, habla espanol.  Que pensa?  

Yo vivo en los Estado's Unidos, pero mi corazon es en Mexico.

So - I make a poor Mexican -- but I can usually get my point across. ::)

StinkerBell

glenn kangiser

A habla Espanol es muy facil.  Un CD por la computadora es un maestro muy bueno. :)  Comprende?

Homegrown Tomatoes

What burns me about illegal immigration is that there are good people who go through all the legal channels to get here and to work here, and they're treated like criminals until proven innocent by INS (as corrupt and messed-up and the IRS).  It can take years for them to become legal and to get citizenship... and then I look at illegals waiting in  line for government handouts and working wherever they want as many hours as they want... it's wrong.  My husband and I married when he was on a student visa.  The day we married, we applied for citizenship and a work permit.  Eight months later, we conceived our first daughter, and he still didn't have a work permit, though we were calling INS every week.  He was only allowed to work 20 hours a week, and it had to be on campus... he also worked as a highschool computers teacher, but the only legal way for them to pay him was to give him a scholarship (which went directly to the school) for his work.  When I was five months pregnant, I had complications and ended up in the hospital for about 5 days... I was put on partial bedrest when I got out and was only allowed to teach ten hours a week for the rest of the pregnancy.  I had to quit my highschool teaching job.  So, between the two of us, we were only working about 30 hours a week and trying to pay medical bills.  If you are applying for citizenship, you are not allowed to accept food stamps (that may have changed by now, but it was the case then) but thankfully we could use WIC.  We were so poor I can remember putting $2 of gas in the car at a time and paying for it in change.  After so many fruitless calls to INS telling them we were in a dire situation, we decided to drive to the OKC office to see if we could get anything done.  There, the woman we talked to accused me of being an illegal alien, too, and told Lyon that because he got married while on a student visa, he was also illegal.  I don't know where the heck she thought I was from, but I just about bit her head off over treating an American citizen like that, and quoted to her from the INS website where DH was completely legally married and legally in the country.  Here I am huge and pregnant and she starts accusing him of just getting married to try to get a green card... it was idiotic to keep trying, so we left, after having spent so much money on the gas to drive down there that we couldn't afford to eat lunch.  So, we drove home and I looked up our Congressman.  We went to his office and had a meeting with one of his workers, who turned around and pushed ONE BUTTON on the phone and was immediately in touch with INS.  She bawled them out and hung up, assuring Lyon that his work permit would be in the mail within the month.  A week and a half later, he had a work permit, and got hired the same day for a half-time engineering job.  By then, I was 8 months pregnant... so just to get a work permit, it took 16 months when he should have had it immediately upon getting married.  From that time until he actually got his citizenship was almost 4 years... thankfully, after getting the work permit straightened out, INS wasn't quite as much of a pain to deal with, but it was ridiculous to be treated like a criminal when you're going through all the "proper" channels and jumping through all the hoops. >:(   It aggravates me when I see illegals living off taxpayer money when we were legal and probably needed help every bit as much, but couldn't accept it without jeopardizing my husband's status.

StinkerBell

My husband is here legally. He came here using a h1b1 (work related) then from there he became a green card holder (btw the card is not green) Permanent Resident Alien. He was going to go for his citizenship but he is angry. I do not blame him. The cost for all this the last 10 years has been high. When he became the green card holder I had to sign away my life for him over the next 10 years. If we divorce and he loses his job any welfare, short term assistants is on me to repay. This is the kicker........Because he is not a citizen, if he is caught even touching our 12 gauge he can be kicked out of this country. Yep....I tell the truth. Now there is a form he can fill out to have permission to handle a fire arm. MORE MONEY.....Yet we have others here that are not here legally and carry fire arms for the wrong reasons and will never have this burden placed upon them. I am personally tired for the double standard/ treatment. One way for those who do it right, they pay a higher burden in expense and consequense and those who do it wrong and have very little if anything done. Justice is suppose to be blind, not deaf and dumb too.

edit to add....I am sure I wrote this tune before.........

Sassy

Your stories just go to show how corrupt the system is.  You go through all the legal hoops & end up being treated as criminals & pay through the nose.  If a person comes over illegally, their children born here automatically become citizens, they get free healthcare, welfare, food stamps, WIC, free bilingual schooling, free breakfasts & lunches at school.  If an illegal alien gets stopped for speeding, reckless driving etc the cops can't ask if they are here illegally.  Heck, the INS has forbidden the border patrol to pursue, arrest, shoot at illegal aliens even if they have truckloads of drugs & try to run you over - read about Ramos & Campean - still in prison for doing their jobs!   >:(  Now if that isn't a travesty!!!

StinkerBell

Ramos & Campean are Political Prisoners....

Homegrown Tomatoes

I agree totally, Stinkerbell.  I can't even remember all the forms, and for every form, all the money that went away with them.  How much does it cost to buy American citizenship?  It's not cheap.  It wouldn't bother me so much to spend the money if INS really got things done when they should and when they say they will, and if they didn't treat you like a criminal the whole time you're going through the process... The Korean equivalent was just as bad... they presumed that my husband had married me to get out of the mandatory Korean military service, and when I was a few months pregnant with our second one, they forced him to come to Korea and threatened to make him serve five years in a government office (because of his education and his age, he could serve five years working for the government, most likely dept. of defense, instead of the normal 2 years 2 months in the military.)  So, he made the trip to Korea, and the next week, my then 1-year-old and I followed, and we didn't know until we landed in Korea if he would be able to come home with us or not, and if he would get to finish his dissertation or not.  I've never been so relieved as when we were through customs and back in the US again... I would have had to move to Korea with a baby and work as an ESL teacher to make a living, and probably even give birth in Korea to our second daughter, which I was by no means prepared to do.  

glenn kangiser

Much of the unfairness is because the people you are dealing with - even though they may be peons, are on their own little power trip, and they enjoy making other people squirm -- be they legal or trying to get legal.  Some will be decent and genuinely try to help you but the majority enjoy setting up roadblocks in whatever way they can.

I see it anywhere the parasites have a bit of authority. >:(

There -- another of my little anti-authoritarian rants.