If I had a son......

Started by NM_Shooter, October 31, 2012, 04:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM_Shooter

My first an only meme :

Who said "no" Mr. President?

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

Woodsrule

I do have a son who is actively serving and so I agree with Mr. Woods completely. He and his family, along with the rest of us have not been told the truth. Seems as if the Seal and our Americans were left to fend for themselves and it saddens me greatly.

NM_Shooter

Woods, please pass on my appreciation to your family and your son. 
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

Woodsrule

Shooter, thanks for the kind words. I should have included my daughter (stateside, non-deployable MOS) in my post as well. She's the first female in our line to serve and that proud tradition goes way back, as many of the families here similarly do, I'm sure. I was a ground pounding jarhead back in the day and thank all of our men and women who are shouldering a heavy load these days.  Take care.

OlJarhead

Amen!

I have a daughter who just got her Honorable Discharge from the Navy (served 6 years as a Navy Corpsman and patched up many a Marine during that time) and a son looking to follow his dad, grand father and great uncle by joining the Marines.

I wish more people demanded answers for those serving.

Woodsrule

OlJarhead, please extend my best wishes to your daughter. Navy Corpsmen patched me up a few times and I appreciate their service. Semper Fi.

OlJarhead

And my respect to you and yours!  Semper Fi!

I must admit that when my little girl became a Corpsman I was very proud!  Marines do love their docs :)

OlJarhead

I guess I could add that her Fiance is currently in Afghanistan serving with the Marines (Infantry)...he's also a Corpsman and a hard charger at that.

sparks

A timeline, if you'll indulge with me briefly......

My son left the USAF on Sept. 4, 2001.....He was a crew chief on a C-9 medivac plane...a flying hospital. The timing of his discharge date was very iffy.

During the next few years he got involved with security and something called computer forensics.....aka media exploitation.

Since 2005 he has been on 6 deployments...*over there*......we haven't spent a Thanksgiving or Christmas together in many years.

As of last June he has a new employer.....rhymes with cee,eye,aay.

Another holiday season without him......he went back *over there* again.....I have no idea where....

But something tells me , he wants to know who said "no".

sparks

My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

OlJarhead

Our thanks for his service Sparks and I hope some day he gets his answer!

Woodsrule

Sparks,  please extend my best wishes to your son and your family from us. We appreciate his service and his sacrifice for our great country. Godspeed.

sparks

Thanks Folks,

However, maybe my son already knows............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV-ASc0qkrM

sparks
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......