What is this called? Yoke? Harness?

Started by NM_Shooter, August 26, 2012, 09:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM_Shooter

Bought this at a junk shop in Arkansas 5 years ago with the intent of using it to hang a pool table light.  My wife declared it too rustic   ;D

So it is heading to Craigslist / garage sale soon.  What the heck is it? 

I'm noticing that all wood antique yokes are selling for upwards of $150.  Holy cow.  I was going to see if I could get $40 for it initially.  I think I will start fishing a little higher than that.  This sort of stuff seems to be in demand here.

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

Redoverfarm

Frank that is a "double single tree" used with two horses instead of one horse. It consisted of 2- single trees and 1- evener.

http://www.drivehorses.com/double_trees,_neck_yokes.htm

peternap

I knew it was two singletrees John....but I never heard of an evener ???

That stuff used to be in every flea market and the Mennonites would scoop it up for a few dollars.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

rick91351

Around here it's a double tree.

Start high you can always drop down.  Here they are not a big seller.  Hames and collars if in good shape $$$
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Redoverfarm

Quote from: peternap on August 26, 2012, 10:12:09 PM
I knew it was two singletrees John....but I never heard of an evener ???

That stuff used to be in every flea market and the Mennonites would scoop it up for a few dollars.

Yeah Peter I guess it does what the name inplies.  Keeps the animal spaced out even from the center.