We are now in the 21st Century

Started by Redoverfarm, May 10, 2012, 08:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redoverfarm

Being an avid listener of traditional music and that association with my Son & Daughter playing I thought some may like this also.  The local radio station now has internet stream from it's broadcasting station here in the Applachain's.  This week is a fund raising week for the radio station which is a Public Broadcasting Station and derives a lot of it's funding from Donations and grants.   On this Sunday @ 12:00P.M. and 1:00P.M. my children will be part of the live broadcast as part of that Fundraising event.   Of course Steven will be playing with his Old Time band , Mud Hole Control and Emily will be with her teacher.  So for entertainment you might want to check out just what a rural and  Mountain Radio station sounds like. No it is not typical programming that some of the bigger stations offer but a mix of music to cater to everyone.    ;D

http://www.alleghenymountainradio.org/

Kind of Different but so are we.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

Quote from: MountainDon on May 10, 2012, 09:03:39 AM
Hey   [cool]

Trying to be multi-cultural they play a mix of about everything Don.  Funny sometimes as you will have Blue Grass, followed by Pop or Classical, then Jazz and back to Country.  I found that the morning program is more to my liking.  Afternoon's I switch to another station unless there is a special like on Friday 1:00-3:00 PM bluegrass and Sundays 12:00 -4:00PM Bluegrass. Another of my favorites is the Woodsong Radio Hour from Lexington KY at 2:00 PM on Tuesday's.

One nice feature is the program guide on the left of their website.  You can click and enlarge and see exactly what you would want to listen to and the time that it is played.