My Second design.

Started by GreenAccountant, March 30, 2011, 11:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenAccountant

It is smaller than my original plan, but i can use sturdier building materials.  What changes would you make?  

dug

I am curious as to what the intended purpose of this structure will be. Camper?  ???

GreenAccountant

Yes, Portable dorm also and temporary living space.  I will have 2 months to find a permanent job or it is back to efl teaching.

OlJarhead

A 4 foot tall structure built like that isn't big enough for me to sit in much less stand.

Assuming a 45 degree angle (12x12) then 2 feet into the structure you'd have only 2 feet of height.

dug

Given the dimensions you provided it looks like you would need to be 5 ft. tall or less to sleep in it. I would think something along the lines of a mini pop up camper designed for motorcycles would be more practical. Something like this-

http://www.motorcycletrailerstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=190

Or a tent? Lots more room and lightweight!

MelFol

I second the tent idea. It is nice to be able to stand up when you put your pants on. 

GreenAccountant

I know, but I do not want to be in downtown Austin where a pocket knife is all it took to break into my place.

* I should modify the slope so it has a one foot taper on the bottom.  The slope is 7.2 feet.  So when the slope/roof is opened it has two psoitions.

1st position an exterior tent like canopy for the beach or park. 
2nd position.  Raises the hight to 7. 1 feet with the remainder of the slope acting as a partial roof.  The other part will be a tent like canopy for when I am home. 

Since I am using either wall paneling or vinyl siding, this will keep the structure light. 

I do not want to use $3,000 of my saving for a motorcycle trailer, if I am going to have to hit the road again as an ESL teacher.