Plumbing Question

Started by Beavers, March 25, 2009, 08:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beavers

I'm putting in a new waterline from the meter to my house.  Below is a pic of the line that comes out of the meter pit.  Am I correct in guessing that it is polybutylene?
If so is this the kind of fitting I need to attach to PEX?  Any idea where I can find 1" diameter fittings?

Thanks,
Beavers

ScottA

You'll need the special fittings for this exact type of pipe. Try a plumbing supply house for the parts. Cut a little piece of the pipe to take with you so you can match it up.

ScottA

I forgot to mention it's probly Quest fittings that you need. Hard to tell from the pic though.

sjdehner

A Shark-Bite fitting, although not recommended for an entire plumbing project, might work.

This should at least cross you over to the properly sized PEX tubing.

You can get 1" x 3/4" online at: http://www.pexsupply.com/Cash-Acme-U060-1-x-3-4-SharkBite-Reducing-Coupling-4891000-p

Or at hardware stores that carry PEX-related plumbing supplies.

Good luck.

S.
"Whether we and our politicians know it or not, Nature is party to all our deals and decisions, and she has more votes, a longer memory, and a sterner sense of justice than we do" -Wendell Berry

Beavers

Thanks guys.

I checked a couple of the big box stores, and they don't have much if anything in 1" size.
I'll try Scott's suggestion and try to find an actual plumbing store.

desimulacra

Shark-Bite fittings are the bomb. I would not use them fro everything $$$$ but they have saved a lot of work several times. I watched a plumber at a marina repair a hole in a city water line. The line was underwater, he reached down and cut it into then placed the shark-bite fitting on, while the pressure was full force!! [cool]
West Tennessee

sjdehner

If you need to order online, one of the previous postings has a link to a 1" Shark-bite fitting.

S.
"Whether we and our politicians know it or not, Nature is party to all our deals and decisions, and she has more votes, a longer memory, and a sterner sense of justice than we do" -Wendell Berry

Beavers

Went to a real plumbing store today, and they hooked me right up. 
This is what I ended up with.

Thanks for the help guys.

sjdehner

Hey, good news.

Looks great. Nice to have running H2O I bet!

S.