Goggle Calculator

Started by Pala, July 31, 2006, 03:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pala

I'm getting ready to order concrete and discovered that if you type the following into google:

"47520 cubic inches in cubic yards"

Goggle tells you:

"47 520 (cubic inches) = 1.01851852 cubic yards"

You can't beat that with a stick.

chuck.

bartholomew

Yeah, it's real handy. Good for metric conversions. It doesn't understand all units/abbreviations though. ex. btu is ok, joule is ok, but therm isn't; it knows m, km, g and kg but not j or kj; it won't accept ' or " but ft and in are ok. You can use sq for square and cu for cubic.

glenn kangiser

For things like this or nearly any other information you want, if you have MSN Messenger add a robot to your computer.

Encarta Instant answers will answer nearly anything you ask or find you a bunch of references.

Add [highlight]encarta@conversagent.com[/highlight] to your contacts list and you have a know it all friend who is nearly always there.

If not useful for anything else it is someone to play with when you are home alone without a friend. :'(
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

benevolance

If not useful for anything else it is someone to play with when you are home alone without a friend.

Glenn

For a minute there I was having a flashback to the sex talk my dad with me about the birds and the bees....

Same line he used with me pretty much about self entertainment ;)

glenn-k

You are such a bad boy, Peter. :-/