tips on fixing uneven drywall joints

Started by jesse977, November 08, 2016, 03:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesse977

I want to fix uneven ceiling drywall joints. Any tips are appreciated. Here are a few pictures.

Dave Sparks

To me, the easiest fix is to repair the bad drywall tape correctly and then spray on a dimple texture cieling from cans or a pro with the machine for texture.
It is dust time!
"we go where the power lines don't"

GaryT

First, I would want to find out why the actual sheet rock is sagging so badly...not enough screws...nothing to screw in to?  If you try to spread sheet rock compound out far enough to hide the bad joint, it will be so thick on one side of the joint that it will invariably split, crack, fail.  In other words don't put a Band-Aid on it...fix the cause.
Gary

Dave Sparks

Agree that if this is a place you will be for a long time then "trying" to correct what may be very expensive to fix or not worth just creating a bigger job,
finding a possible cause may be worth it.

I think the "easiest" way is to just fix it. A client of mine is a drywall guy and often the problem is caused by settling that often is hopefully done!

This can also be a reason that false ceilings are put in to avoid dust and problems that may never go away without tremendous expense and inconveniance.

Look at ventilation in the space above the damage also he said.
"we go where the power lines don't"