HA!, 2 story Country Plans home going up in TN

Started by phalynx, March 10, 2006, 11:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phalynx

We were looking at land in Sneedville TN today and drove past a house being built.  I slammed on the brakes.  Backed up, YUP, it's the 2 story..  I snapped a few pics for my own benefit when I build mine.  He had a nice design.  Added a 14xX? room on the back for the living room.  My realtor knew the builder and asked him, he said he drew it up in his head....    No way...  John's plans a super simple but easily recognized.  The tripple beam down the middle of the 1st floor supporting the 2nd floor is a good identifier and the doubled floor joists with 2x's running for the floor of the 2nd floor, also part of the plan.  Sure, he could have made it up, but I think not.  I think he just didn't want anyone to know that a plan this simple and good came from someone else.  

I can't wait to build mine.  I guess I won't buy the lot next to him now though...  might be too competitive.

Scott

Jimmy C.

If you could post those pictures I would like to see them.

I have started to notice a lot of old small two story farm houses in rural Texas that are very close to what I am building.

I'm sure it is because of the simple building techniques needed to build this type of structure.

What I have found interesting about Johns design is that he apparently designed it for the best yield of the stock material sizes.
I have very little waste from my project so far.
The hardest part is getting past the mental blocks about what you are capable of doing.
Cason 2-Story Project MY PROGRESS PHOTOS

phalynx

Sorry the pictures aren't great.  I was rushed for time and didn't have a lot of room to get a wide angle shot.