treating treated wood cuts

Started by diyfrank, April 24, 2009, 06:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diyfrank

What is the right stuff to treat the cuts with. I have pole barn Poles I was going to use as my posts on my cabin. I forget what it was treated with now, but I could look at it later in the light if it mater's.  I have 20' poles I was hoping to cut to fit as I go.
I'm trying for next weekend to get started. It will be the first trip over the hill this year.
Home is where you make it

MikeT

I do not know if this is the best or not, but I use JASCO's product. 

mt

MountainDon

treating treated wood cuts...  be sure to wash any debris from the wound, apply an antiseptic and then a bandage.

rofl

I have used the Jasco. I have also used another brand that I don't recall the name of. I believe it is Jasco who makes it in a clear version as well as green and maybe even brown. Both were purchased at HD. I imagine any well stock lumber dealer should also stock one.

EDIT: Jasco (Homax) website
http://homaxproducts.com/products/Leadcheck/08/index.html

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Windpower

In the old days my dad used Penta-Chlorophenol   :o

I can't believe he lived as long as he did

but it sure stopped rot
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

diyfrank

Thank for the suggestions.  I'll try the jasco.  I was kind of wondering about meeting code where it says treat all cuts and holes and let it penetrate till it won't hold no more.  Jasco's web page makes it sound like it was made for that purpose.

I talked to 911 addressing today. They tried to access my place today but it was a no go. Too much snow.

"treating treated wood cuts...  be sure to wash any debris from the wound, apply an antiseptic and then a bandage"
Ha, I make a note. 
Home is where you make it