PAPOY

Started by Curtis, July 13, 2009, 02:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curtis

Post a picture of yourself. I've seen these on other forums and its nice to put a face to a name.

I guess I should start?

Lake Mead in the background.

Red Stone near Lake Mead.

The inner child lives on.
-Curtis

Ernest T. Bass

The camera and I are mortal enemies, but I'll try to find one that's not too revolting....

Our family's homestead adventure blog; sharing the goodness and fun!

glenn kangiser

Hey Curtis, you look like my old HS buddy -   we got into the occasional odd bit of trouble.

Andrew - Mr. film director -- just behind the camera, eh?

You have likely seen these

I told you, get off of my property. [waiting]

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Ernest T. Bass

Man, you guys have some nice views. We've got a few pretty big hills nearby but don't have the pleasure of living atop one. Less snow anyway...

Quote from: Glenn
Andrew - Mr. film director -- just behind the camera, eh?
Yeah, safer back there...  :)

gandalfthegrey

Bad Wolf

Curtis

Ernest T. Bass, harvesting honey?

Where I live now has these bee boxes:

I don't know much about it, but the person who lived here before has left many jars of home made honey and it is the most amazing stuff ever. I also got stung shortly after that photo was taken, because there are some old wooden bee boxes that the wind blew over, probably about four, to the right of it. Even though it blown over and on the ground, there are still a ton of bees living in it, and they weren't so keen on me getting close to their home.
-Curtis

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Ernest T. Bass

Nice bunker, MtnDon.  :)

Curtis, sounds like you've got your bees and boxes all set to go! Set the boxes on sturdier bases and put those bees to work! ;)

We installed two hives this spring, and I don't expect to get any extra honey from them this year. They will probably need it all for the winter, but hopefully we will get a taste next season! We will need at least a half-dozen hives to produce for our honey needs, so we hope to split these hives next year as well.

diyfrank

Here is me.

I don't have many to choose from.
Home is where you make it

Ernest T. Bass

Okay, Frank is now winning the nicest view competition. ;D

Here's a little U.P. scenery, humble as it may be. ;)