He just took the oath

Started by peternap, January 20, 2009, 11:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

StinkerBell

Amen.

QuoteI have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character

For me this is one of the most powerful statement of modern day history. I fully believe that a person should be judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin.

I did not vote for President Obama, but I will be his benefactor of his Presidency. I do want him to be successful. However, the media has judged him the great savior even before we can see the content of his character. By doing so IMO it makes these great words of MLK impotent. The assumption is made here because of the color of his skin and because the history that is being made that a man of color is now our President that content of character is not needed. I hope and pray that President Obama is successful or these great words have no value.

NM_Shooter

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Dog

We buried a loved one today in National Cemetery during the Inauguration. He was a Korean war veteran. It was cold, gray and depressing outside. During the ceremony one of his son's whispered to another son "Well, Obama is being sworn in right now". The other son's replied "Well, at least dad got out just in time". I thought that was a little funny considering..
Oh, I hope Obama has the strength of character to be a good leader.
The wilderness is a beautiful thing for the soul. Live free or die.

rwanders

Quote"Oh, I hope Obama has the strength of character to be a good leader."

We will all need to have some strength of character in the coming months and years to meet the challenges facing us. Success depends at least as much on the led as on the leader.
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

Dog

Absolutely, but I (Thankfully  ;D ? won't be sitting in on round table discussions with other world leaders. Obama will be.
The wilderness is a beautiful thing for the soul. Live free or die.

rwanders

The scariest Obama story I have heard so far is that he actually offered Biden his choice of VP or Secretary of State----thank God he chose VP. Hilary has her faults but she is no fool-----Biden is. Now, we must all pray that Obama does not die on us and saddle us with Joe Biden.
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

lonelytree

I am making six digit financial decisions based on our new presidency. As a conservative, doing what I did 3 hours ago would be near foolish.

Just what were mortgage interest rates under Jimmy Carter?

I am a stressed out pissed off maniac. Finally, after 21 years in the military and 8 years of bustin my @ss I have a chance to enjoy life. Get a few things, toys etc.... And the economy goes to crap.

He better fix it. I have little tolerance for failure after all the promises. Not that a guy can hold him accountable.

Mike