Off Grid Cooling

Started by EaglesSJ, March 10, 2011, 01:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EaglesSJ

Wondering what you guys are doing for cooling your off the grid homes in the summer. Our cabin has alot of insulation and is tucked away in the woods where it receives little sun and we only have a few windows since its an A Frame. We have 630 watt array right now and going to a 1260watt in the next few weeks. I have a 1000Ah 24v battery bank. We have a small 5000btu window ac that uses about 500w but not sure if it will keep the place cool or not.

May try to just run fans. Anyways Im open to all suggestions. Thanks again!

MountainDon

This thread is the direction I'd be going if we decided we needed cooling at the cabin.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

backattheshack

i have real cool info on natural cooling will try to locate my paper work for an web adderesse on the artical.hopefully will locate tonight

backattheshack

ok found the paperwork  [cool]ok heres the main website   http://mb-soft.com/ there is a ton of info on this site and with my add / adhd or what ever they call it nowdays it makes my head hurt from information overload d* i talked to the guy that runs it several years ago made a donation to a local charity and he sent me via email an information packet with specs etc. for figuring size requirments for the size of building you have.it mine as well be in chinese it is beyond my education   ??? if someone would like to look at it i could make copies and mail to you. on there main home page go to (Most popular subjects: Self-sufficiency)then go to index (Air Conditioning for Temperate Climates
Air Conditioning for Hot Climates) this will give you the basic idea theres a ton of good info on this site and some kinda out there info ::)