Already sick of spring winds...

Started by NM_Shooter, January 27, 2009, 04:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM_Shooter

Sitting here listening to the winds just howl outside.  I like a lot of things about New Mexico, but 5 months of wind is not one of them.

-f-
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

peternap

Since I'm not allowed to eat Chili, I won't be hearing the spring winds. [rofl2]
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

Yes sir; it's a windy one today.   :o
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

NM_Shooter

Hey Don.. what the heck is chili?  Did he mean chile?

(Peter, it is not the sound we are worried about!)

John_C

Quote from: MountainDon on January 27, 2009, 05:47:13 PM
Yes sir; it's a windy one today.   :o

Don't you need spring winds, or spring anything so you can retrieve the snowmobile?

MountainDon

In NM we have chile; famous for it!!  I don't have any idea about that chili.   ???

http://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/

As for the snowmobile, we need more than winds. It's only 20 degrees up there today and only a max of 500 watts/sq m of sun. Maybe more snow.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

Quote from: MountainDon on January 27, 2009, 06:19:59 PM
In NM we have chile; famous for it!!  I don't have any idea about that chili.   ???

http://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/

As for the snowmobile, we need more than winds. It's only 20 degrees up there today and only a max of 500 watts/sq m of sun. Maybe more snow.

The dog spelled it :-\
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

NM_Shooter

You know what?  I think I heard about that chili stuff once.  I think I read somewhere that it even has beans it it....

Only a Philistine would mix a chile pod with beans!

Any of you CP folks passing through here, give me a call.  I'll treat your tastebuds to an amazing dish.... NM chile!

P.S.  6:43pm and still blowing like crazy.  Wind out of the north.  My wife drove in from Las Vegas NM today and said it snowed on her a good part of the way.  Cold weather coming!

MountainDon

We had two very brief periods of snow flurries. Nothing stuck; had to be looking out the window to see it.

John_C

QuoteIt's only 20 degrees up there today

Well, OK then.  Nobody in my neck of the woods would call 20˚ and windy a "spring wind".  Probably curses and epithets would be in order.  Glad you're not getting winter winds. 

It's 50˚ heavy overcast and windy here.  Compared to what some of you are getting that's not too bad.
c*

MountainDon

Quote from: John C on January 28, 2009, 09:47:30 AM
Nobody in my neck of the woods would call 20˚ and windy a "spring wind". 

;D  20 degrees up in the mtns at 8000 feet, but down here at 5500 feet it was 40 something with no snow at all. We can have winter ans spring at the same time; even winter and summer.