Equipment sales question

Started by n74tg, April 16, 2010, 08:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n74tg

I'm thinking of buying a small contractor sized spray foam rig.  I want to call some other purchasers of the same rig, but the company is stalling me, saying they don't give out their customer information to anyone.  They are content to lose the sale rather than give out customer information.

Is this even a realistic way to think?  Have any of you had similar experiences in trying to purchase any piece of equipment (not necessarily foam equipment).

As this piece of equipment has been available on the market for only 3 months, there may not be that many customers I could call anyway.

Anybody got any other ideas I haven't thought of yet?

thanks

My house building blog:

http://n74tg.blogspot.com/

NM_Shooter

I don't think their response is unusual.  Many (most?) companies keep their customer list highly confidential.  They don't know you and don't know if you might be the competition....

Call them back up and ask them if they have any customers who will act as a reference on their behalf.  Tell them you want to speak to at least one person who has experience with the equipment who is not associated with their company.
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"