A sobering analysis.

Started by NM_Shooter, April 14, 2010, 07:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pox Eclipse

Quote from: eddiescabin on April 17, 2010, 01:15:22 AM

...if only the same folks would enforce immigration laws, throwing the law breakers and their anchor babies out of the country.

Do you plan to amend the Constitution before you throw US citizens out of the country, or just ignore the parts you don't like?   d*

eddiescabin

Yes Pox, I support a constitutional ammedment.  Maybe in new hampshire you are not as impacted by the illegals as people in Cali and Az etc are.  Don't worry it is coming, Az just passed a law to throw the law breakers in jail, demanding proper proof that they are in the USA legally.  The wet foot/dry foot is an interpretation of the law, an incorrect one... now get back to pounding yourself.

Pox Eclipse

Oh, I have no problem if you pass an amendment that gets 2/3 of the states to ratify it.  It just sounded like you want to throw out US citizens on the basis of existing law.

You may disagree with birthright citizenship, but it has been settled law in the Supreme Court for over a century.  SCOTUS determines what is or isn't correct interpretation; you may disagree, but that does not make it incorrect.

SardonicSmile

Quote from: glenn kangiser on April 14, 2010, 08:38:18 AM
IMHO the system is broke beyond repair.  Too many criminals in charge to salvage even a piece of it.  Forgot to add that...... [waiting]

Agreed.. the USA is beyond repair and the only thing that's going to fix it is war.

I don't believe that there are many "criminals" when it comes to this, though. All it takes a small mistake from each person. The higher the population grows, the worse things will get. And it is ALL of our faults.

eddiescabin

Again, I agree with Pox and the following post...I'm all for sticking to the letter of the law.  Funny, you go into the foyer of any Cali DMV and you have every form in 16 languages...it's not that I am intolerant of other nationalities ( you could not live in the Bay Area if you were), just that some of the accomodations made for those with a foriegn dialect are amazing. K-12 Education is a fine example.  The amount of social/ancestral  stratification within 30 mins of here is remarkable.  But then that adds to the diverse experiences right outside...I recommend House of Nan King on Kearny/SF..Oh yeah, nobody in the joint speaks a lick of english, but somehow folks manage! Had a beef and sweet potato entree last time...made you want to lick the dish!

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

eddiescabin

To Pagan's credit, there is a radio commercial on now stating the LA Dodgers owners made $100 million last year, yet paid zero income taxes...fast forward to my arguement, do they generate that much sales tax revenue (from being located in Ca) or other taxes on ticket sales to make up +/- 35% of the $100,000,000?

NM_Shooter

Quote from: eddiescabin on April 19, 2010, 11:30:52 PM
To Pagan's credit, there is a radio commercial on now stating the LA Dodgers owners made $100 million last year, yet paid zero income taxes...fast forward to my arguement, do they generate that much sales tax revenue (from being located in Ca) or other taxes on ticket sales to make up +/- 35% of the $100,000,000?

Your facts are off.  It was $108M from 2004 through 2009.  Their income was offset by claimed real estate losses.  Those same laws are available for your use.

Just curious if that radio program also gave any data on....

How many people have jobs because they exist?  What was their complete payroll?  (The payroll for the 2009 team alone was $100M) Taxes on that?  How many businesses in the local area benefit from games?  What about sportswear companies that make $$$ off of team wear?  TV broadcast, Radio, food bought for parties. 

What do you suppose the total positive economic impact of something like the LA Dodgers might be?  (i betcha it is way more than a $7M a year benefit to the community)

This is the part of liberalism that I don't understand.  Why would we be upset with one person who pays no taxes, but brings incredible economic benefit to their community...while on the other hand, we have compassion for the millions of Americans who also pay zero taxes, provide no benefit, and place a huge burden on the US while sucking the resources off?

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

JavaMan

Quote from: NM_Shooter on April 16, 2010, 08:31:12 AM

Please read my posts more carefully and don't put words in my mouth.  I'd like you to retract your comment that you "see" that I agree with fraudulent managers being paid millions of dollars.  (Or point out where I stated this so that I can fix this mistake)  Note how I worded that post.  Note especially the underlined word.  (That was why it was underlined).  No.  I am not glad my tax dollars went to bail anyone out.  I believe in financial Darwinism and these corporations should have been allowed to completely fail.  Especially the car companies. 

Once again, my position is that anyone who can run a multi billion dollar company SUCCESSFULLY is worth a high salary and bonuses. 

I agree, MN_Shooter, the car companies are a great example - while GM and Chrysler were flying their jets to Washington, Ford execs were dealing with their creditors and managed to get a massive restructuring of their debt, allowing them to avoid bankruptcy and keep moving vehicles.  From what I've heard, they haven't taken any bail out monies yet (as far as I am aware).  My family used to sell GM cars, but I probably won't buy another again.  The people at Ford took positive steps, rather than whine and complain.

Just my $0.02

eddiescabin

NM Shooter, this ad was on a very right-wing news station that clearly stated they made $100M last year.  You may be entirely correct for all I know....and I do agree, the local benefit, sales tax from merchandise sales, income taxes on team payroll etc.  most likely outweigh any loss due to the non-taxation of the owners.

NM_Shooter

eddiescabin

NM Shooter, maybe a more extreme example AND supporting Pagan's position is GE filed 7000 tax returns claiming they lost $140M on their US tax liable ventures...the article went on to say they earned $10.8B on their worldwide business.  OK, maybe I'll jump ship and see if Pagan will pick me up because that sounds just to fishy with the accounting tricks they must employ!

NM_Shooter