How do you feel about building permits?

Started by bob57434, June 02, 2012, 08:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob57434

So I'm new here and I'm just wondering what the general consensus is on building permits.  I think building codes are a good thing for shopping malls and contractors but I think it sucks that legally I'm not allowed to build what I want on my own property without getting permission and paying a bunch of fees first.  Especially if I'm the one who's going to use it and I don't plan on selling it.

What are other people's thoughts?

I also think it sucks that because of property taxes you basically have to pay rent for your land and cabin even if you own it.  That's not really the purpose of this thread though.  Property taxes and building permits were never anything I was concerned with until recently.

alex trent

Have you read any of the recent discussion on this topic on several threads on here?

I think you should do so...maybe takes a bit of work.....but a lot less than building a house to get the answer from the members on here.

Let's see...could be a big commie plot to stymie individual building innovation or a good thing to help ensure you don't kill yourself and others.  Maybe something in the middle.

flyingvan

Find what you love and let it kill you.