Security Camera

Started by Tennessee Pride, November 28, 2009, 04:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessee Pride

Hello All,

I have my 20x30 cabin which is about 1.5 hours from my house.  I have electricity and phone at the cabin and have the ability to get DSL service.  I am curious about installing some type of web accessible security cameras that I may monitor from my house.  I have no clue in what I need or good brands to research.  Anyone out there have any experience with these types of cameras?

Thanks in advance,

Tennessee Pride

Redoverfarm

Quote from: Tennessee Pride on November 28, 2009, 04:09:36 PM
Hello All,

I have my 20x30 cabin which is about 1.5 hours from my house.  I have electricity and phone at the cabin and have the ability to get DSL service.  I am curious about installing some type of web accessible security cameras that I may monitor from my house.  I have no clue in what I need or good brands to research.  Anyone out there have any experience with these types of cameras?

Thanks in advance,

Tennessee Pride

A neighbor has one installed.  My son checks on the place periodically and monitors the activity on the cameras.  It is especially useful when the alarm goes off.  A quick check on the cameras from home will desiginate whether you go check on it or mark it off as a false alarm.  Pretty neat.  I wish I could provide more info on the brand and so forth but the owner is presently been deployed to Pakistan.  He will check in via E-mails and when he does I will inquire of the brand.  Shoot he can even check on his place with the cameras from Pakistan.

The type he has also goes into night mode with IR capabilities. There is a DVR recorder that stores 7 days of activity before coping over it.  You can even go back on the internet hook-up and preview to a specified date and time if it has not exceeded the storage time limit.

MountainDon

w*  Tennessee Pride

I'm sure someone will have some information.

FYI, a year or so back I did some research and found systems that allowed the remote switching on-off of devices that could be used to control things like heaters and so. I'll try to track that down as well.

That's very cool John. Just about anything is possible these days.  ;)

I would love to be able to view what's happening up at the cabin, but that would entail having a cell phone in service up there at all times. Maybe a computer too.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

NM_Shooter

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"