Sailboat=super small cabin

Started by Johnny P, June 06, 2008, 03:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny P

Been living on my sailboat for four years. After all the research on cabin designs square footage etc. I realized Ive been living comfortably in an oddly layed out 80 square ft cabin all this time. Now Im looking at a 700 square ft layout! Wow what Im I going to do with all that space? I think I will incorperate some of the space efficiency you see in boats in my cabin. And hopefully some teak cabnetry, yea right! Oh well my last big project comes to an end to pay for the beginning of another. My buetiful sailboat is now officially on the market, I will miss her. I saved some large hand carved teak and mohogony trailing boards to incorperate in the cabin somewhere to remember her by.

glenn kangiser

That is making the most of a small space.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

bigcozy

I have lived on boats for years.  I have often thought of buying a boat with problems and putting it on land.  Maybe earth berming it.  There are hundreds of boats still on the Gulf coast that got hit in Katrina that can be had cheap.  They are fairly self contained, water system,  black water system, kitchen, some have generators.  Something to think about.