put in my resignation today

Started by muldoon, August 02, 2010, 04:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muldoon

I gave my two weeks notice today, I have had my fill of oil companies and I have especially had my fill of the outsourcing model.  feels weird after being with the same company for almost a decade. 

oddly enough, I feel like an incredible weight has been lifted from my shoulders. 

bayview

Hey, you got to do what makes you happy.    Any prospects on new employment?  (Or?)

/
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

muldoon

yes, I accepted an offer this morning elsewhere. 

MushCreek

Good for you! Movin' on with life; gotta love it.  [cool]
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

glenn kangiser

Good Deal, muldoon.  I hope it works out well.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

ScottA

Good luck muldoon. I hope this is an improvment for you. You've got to do what makes you happy.

peternap

There's nothing worse than dragging into a job you hate every day.

Good luck with the new one!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

StinkerBell

Sassy

Hope all goes well with you!  It's pretty scary to change jobs after that long of a time.  I was planning on retiring from my job at the VA last month (July) after 20 yrs - been counting the months & days but the closer I got to the date, the more I thought about the good things I liked about my job - the people I take care of & the people I work with.  In spite of all the messed up stuff w/administration & their priorities sometimes, I love what I'm doing, it is always interesting & I feel like I am helping people & besides that, the pay isn't shabby either...   :D 

So what more can you ask for from a job?  I've worked in several fields (banking for 10 yrs) & can truly say that going back to school to get my nursing degree at the age of 35 was the best decision I've made career-wise. 

Sometimes you just know when it is time to leave...

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free