Obamas plant organic kitchen garden at White House

Started by MountainDon, March 20, 2009, 07:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Obamas plant organic kitchen garden at White House

# Story Highlights
# Garden will be first working food garden at White House since WWII
# Michelle Obama, Washington schoolchildren help dig garden
# Presidential mother-in-law says family hopes garden sets example for other families
# Garden will include seasonal vegetables and various herbs

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/20/white.house.garden/index.html

:D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

BobHHowell

Man ... first day of spring and Obama is already talking about growing some "herb" in the Rose Garden.

Old King Cole was a merry old soul,
and a merry old soul was he.
He reached for his pipe,
and he reached for his bowl ...
Now, we all know about old King Cole.

sjdehner

What a great article...

No house is complete without its' garden.

Perhaps a house just ain't a home without a patch o' tomatoes and greens?

[cool] Spring is here...whew...we all made it.

Congratulations fellow Northerners.
"Whether we and our politicians know it or not, Nature is party to all our deals and decisions, and she has more votes, a longer memory, and a sterner sense of justice than we do" -Wendell Berry

glenn kangiser

The economy must really be going downhill fast if Barky is worried about where his meals will come from.  Must still be carrying on the illegal eavesdropping to keep up with current events, eh? :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

tanya

OK the garden is a good thing.  I just hope it doesn't mean they are worried about starving without it.  Like the rest of US. 
Peresrverance, persistance and passion, keys to the good life.

glenn kangiser

Hopefully it will inspire lots more people to start a garden - yup - it's good.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

considerations

The White House chefs were in on it.  They are excited as well.

Jens

I've been saying for a while now, that if I were pres, I'd have half the front lawn be garden, other half  grazing for animals, tear out that stupid bowling alley, and put a skatepark in the basement, solar panels on the roof, rent out the spare bedrooms to pay for what little money we need, and give all my pay to charity. 

I guess they're at least looking in the right direction!
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

Squirl

They do rent out the spare bedrooms.  They are called campaign contributions.

Jens

My campaign will be run on youtube.com, and out of the back of a Popemobile going from town to town.  Any campaign contributions will go toward new wells for impoverished villages, and helping folks in this country learn to be self sufficient.    I'll make sure to get a recording contract first as well, and maybe make a few movies that show how clean and eloquent I am, then as soon as I am in office I will be building a hot rod in the white house driveway, with no shirt, and a roll your own stuck between my lips.  At least I won't spend us into Armageddon.
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!