Trimming out stairway-HELP!

Started by Okie_Bob, July 02, 2007, 10:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn-k

I'm not sure about that, but I steal your advice all the time. :o

How else is a guy supposed to get ahead if he won't listen?

Then sometimes I just hassle you cause I like to be argumentative.  I'll take the other side even if it's wrong -- but every so often we still learn something from it.    I do that with Sassy too -- keeps her on her toes. ;D

Okie_Bob

Ok Peg and Glenn, sorry it has taken me so long to get back here, been working on the house and not much time for internet visting. BTW Peg, I'm an OLD black shoe...from back when ships were wood and men were steel!!!!! And old Tin Can sailor to boot. I got out in '66 so when I say OLD, I mean OLD!

Since when did Glenn get promoted? Mr Administrator Man???????????? You gotta be kidding me! Bet Sassy doesn't use that moniker for him---

Ok back to the thread-finally got back around to the stairs problem, having taken Mr Administrator Man's advice and worked on other trim jobs while thinking about the stairs. Also got the book John recommended and can't believe I didn't buy it a long time ago, what a great book!

I'm doing a modified version of Peg's solution. I didn't go thru the floor, just cut holes for the 4 X 4's and will bolt them to the stair runners and risers where appropriate. Only have two holes cut so far with two to go this weekend. I'm going with a cable system as I did around the deck outdoors. You can see come very current pics of the house by going to my latest blog. Still trying to visualise how to finish trim it but have a lot of ideas to decide from.

Okie Bob

Sassy

Verrrrrry nice!  You guys have been busy  :)   (BTW I have other names for Mr Administrator  ::) ;) )

glenn-k

QuoteBTW Peg, I'm an OLD black shoe...from back when ships were wood and men were steel!!!!!

That's great BoB.  I'm from Oregon where men are men and sheep are scared.  

OK - sorry about that BoB --- It was just an old joke I didn't want to die.

No wonder you haven't been here -- you've been a busy little Okie.  Great Job, BoB. :)

I'm still a bit worried about this lack of respect though. :-/