i need help Telescoping double wall stove pipe

Started by Jworman, October 02, 2015, 01:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jworman

So I have a barrel wood stove and I'm trying to figure out what piping I need I'm on disability so my income is fixed. What is the difference between telescoping and non telescoping double wall pipe? I'm running from the stove thru the wall double wall telescoping pipe can I run telescoping double wall pipe up the side of my home once I come thru the wall up over the peak? My home is a 2 story a frame kit home.

MountainDon

Telescoping black stove pipe makes a great connection from the stove to the adapter where the flue changes to class A insulated pipe.  With the distance between those two points pretty much fixed it can be difficult to insert the requied non telescoping black pipe. The telescoping type has 2 sections, one slides inside the other. I insert the bottom end in the stove collar, secure with screws. Then pull the other end up and secure to the transition collar.

Insulated pipe is required for safety where the pipe penetrates a wall, ceiling or roof. It also helps keep enough heat in tyhe chimney to ensure a good draft.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

flyingvan

...So to piggyback onto that--- use the non telescoping pipe until the last section before the ceiling (otherwise it can collapse) then the very last section is telescoped into place and secured top and bottom, some brands the middle too
Find what you love and let it kill you.