Judge beats daughter with a belt

Started by Windpower, November 04, 2011, 03:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Native_NM

Quote from: glenn kangiser on November 08, 2011, 12:23:49 AM

Now if our countries leaders could just learn from the new improved "us."

Quote from: glenn kangiser on November 07, 2011, 09:59:07 PM

I modified that rule for my kids and told them never to start a fight but if someone else did, immediately finish it for them and be the winner.  That worked well. 

I don't look for trouble.  I keep my mouth shut when prudent or possible, but don't back off when a confrontation is necessary.

I think they did...
New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Squirl

What I find interesting is that even with all the coverage, his "Honor" feels he did nothing wrong.  Totally unrepentant.  The mother actually has expressed regret.  A spank in very serious injury threatening situations can greatly a capture a child's attention to the severity of the danger without abusing them.  Parents that use the familial relationship claiming they are "disciplining" their child that would be consider an assault or torture by almost every standard are disgraceful.

The SOL (statute of limitations) has run for him to be prosecuted.  But there is not usually any SOL for disbarment or quo warranto.

glenn kangiser

I do not think an apology will be forthcoming....or sincere if it does..... not this type of persons MO.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

UK4X4

mmm relationship with fathers- a tough subject

beaten yes - favorite implement - horse whip - reasons usually little or nothing- going to church with dirty hands was one that I remember and meant a note from my mother to excuse me from swimming and sports till the welts disappeared.

The last occurance I simply asking him if was finished yet- old enough and hard enough to ignore the pain

That was a truely liberating day

We never spoke - he never assisted in anything - he was just the grumpy guy that lived in the house
nothing I ever did was good enough.

At 21 bored and had enough of engineering - got offered a job in Spain teaching windsurfing

Mother said yes - father said if I went he'd had have nothing more to do with me- I mentioned that would not change very much

that was a Sunday- I was in Spain on wednesday-

I came back to the UK 9 years later- having had little or no interaction with him- other than attending my first wedding.

Since then I got my carreer back together - the travelling had added both language skills and a positive attitude to live- that got me into the oilfield- engineering with challenges - no boredom

15 years later we still don't really speak -

But he arrives in bogota this week - his first time to visit me in my place of work- he's 76 now

Time we mended our issues !

many have mentioned that generation on generation we try to improve - His "way" although not enjoyable at the time

made me who i am today

an independant thinking person - self reliant and carefull with money- every penny was worked for- every box cart - I had to build myself.

I will endevour to accomplish the same things with my daughter - but in a diferent way- my way- and it won't include the beatings.

glenn kangiser

Thanks for posting, UK.  Mine was the leather belt.

Seems a bit different but a parallel with similar self reliant results and not too much need for a father figure.

I must say my dad did work and provide for us.  Got multiple fractures being knocked off a log truck a couple times.  Maybe that is why we were not allowed to cross between the TV and him when he was watching without getting it or as in my sisters case pulled across the room by her hair. 

I have to say - it was not a constant thing - hard to remember - but often enough it is the major thing we remember about our childhood. Gruffness daily with frequent  choice of beating -spanking or yelling.   Except my oldest sister.  She has blocked out her memories of her childhood and remembers little of it.

.... and yet ... head to church and he was the nicest brother in the world - to the rest of the world.... except possibly those called into the Judicial Committee.  There they assumed the role of God's judges here on earth and no question or comment was out of line.

Funny how God would choose a man who could not properly take care of his own house to judge others.... or was it god?  I have been able to see through it for quite a while.  Self righteousness makes it easy to set yourself up above others...

glenn kangiser

Oh yeah... last time of major consequence anyway....

I must have done some little thing and was getting violently pulled and jerked out of my bedroom into the living room for a whupping with a belt...maybe about 15YO or a bit more?....

I decided since I was going to get it anyway, I may as do something that I deserved it for... I grabbed onto a roll away bed folded up just past the door.  This made him brace himself, loosen a little then get ready for a violent ripping pull backward to jerk me loose from my grip on the bed, or tear my fingers off - whichever happened first.  There was no thought of consequences.  At the very time he jerked me backward I let loose and pushed with my feet and legs against the bed as hard as I could.  This sent him flying backward along with me and smashing into the upright piano a few feet behind him in the living room.

I had timed it perfect and he sat there holding his side..... don't know if he busted any ribs but it was significant.

I waited for the smashing but it never came.  I think he was re-evaluating future events.

After that the main thing I remember was getting kicked in the ass as I was adjusting the carburetor on the saw.  He said they didn't even let them do it at his work... likely he did not know how to do it and screwed it up?

The routine ones - I don't remember that well.....

Bob S.

My father had a set of horse rains that had worn-out at the bit. He doubeld them over in the middel and passed the loop back threw to make 4 straps about 18" long. He would make you drop your pants and underware down around your ankles and then grab you by the left upper arm and lift you up so as you where on you tiptoes and go to town.  Trust me you did not want to go to the woodshed when your dad gets home.
  I'm positive it was a technique he was taught as a child.
  We only had one child, a son that is now 45 years old. I never ever gave him a beating but I did spank him several times. I'll bet you could count the spankings on one hand. He is a fine man and we love and respect each other.
  My Dad has been gone for 18 years and I miss him.