Timber that can be compatible in the country Brazil?

Started by Antonio Carlos Machado, August 29, 2012, 06:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antonio Carlos Machado

Hello, I'm starting at the forum, I'm from the country Brazil, Santa Catarina state, where occurred the first recorded hurricane in the South Atlantic would like information about the wood used in the constructions, the woods have to use are: Pinus elliottii, Araucaria angustifolia, Australian eucalyptus, Angelim-Rosa, Rosa Peroba-and-Black Itauba, as could use on wooden table calculations for walls and trusses.

I really liked the plant and the Universal Cottage as build houses. The southern states of Brazil has a long tradition of wooden constructions, has homes with over 100 years of building true relics, but are currently losing ground to the new homes of brick and cement that has nothing ecology.
I appreciate your attention Tony Tassy
Always work with dedication and care that the reward will always be double!

MountainDon

w*  I must admit I know nothing about south american woods. But I thought I'd say hello and welcome you to the forum. I see you placed a pin on our member map.  [cool]
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Antonio Carlos Machado

:) Thanks, MontainDon
I will read carefully.

Glad to join the Forum!
Always work with dedication and care that the reward will always be double!