Advice on excavating problem

Started by rsbhunter, July 17, 2012, 10:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsbhunter

Yes, that is exactly the term, and situation he used.....And i agree....to a point....I have sent a certified letter offering the amount of $$$ i was going to pay the guy i DID hire, AFTER i inspect the work.....But, i could see it alot better IF i had hired, or contracted this guy to do ANYTHING!  As one person said, if 5 guy's placed bids on a city job, and one of them that didn't win started tearing up a road, bridge, you fill in the blank, would the city pay him what is a fair amount for the work performed? He'd probably be fined/arrested for trepass, etc. I do feel that this was done in a "questionable" manner by this guy....There was no hint, or suggestion, that could be misconstrued as a "yes" to him doing the work......But, maybe he'll accept the offer, and i'll close this matter.....if not, we go to small claims, and i counter file for lost work, and court costs.....i will at least win the original case, as i have postal reciept and bank M.O.'s (for the work and permits, which he DIDN'T get) time stamped before he called to leave me the message....

rsbhunter

alextrent....Seeing as you appear to be expert in all fields, what is your hourly rate for expert advice? I notice that you have opinions on many different topics.... You are under utilizing your income potential living in a third world country.....If, as in your name and location, you really are located in Nicaragua....But, intelligent people are needed to bring the light of education to the darkest parts of the world....rsbhunter

alex trent

Well, thank you.

1. I am not worried about my income potential. Not that I was never worried about it, but not now.  But, you are very perceptive. I am in demand for my problem solving skills and broad knowledge, so my income continues in spite of my lack of fervor to chase the buck.

2. Nicaragua is not one of the "darkest parts of the world". Far from it. Today, I would much rather be here, than in Aurora CO.  Things pretty much depend on your frame of mind.  I will say, people here have attempted to take me for the type of ride your locals welcomed you to the land with.  I guess, through the type of knowledge you speak of, I was able to dodge it.  i do not think that is really "knowledge" as you might...rather savvy.

3. I give advice on here as payback for the reams of advice I got when i started building. Not sure why that bothers you.  Most of what i am giving back, I actually got on here.