What is the name of the roof over a door.

Started by mutlovr, July 12, 2005, 10:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mutlovr

I remember that John had written something about that little roof that goes over a door.  I want to look it up in the archives.

DavidLeBlanc

mutlovr

I think there is a different name for it.  The roof I am talking about acts like a permanent canopy or awning over the door.  It provides a small roof directly in front of the door so that people who stop by don't sit out in the rain.  I tried a search under hood and got way too many results.

glenn-k

Howabout this?  Per John on old forum.

See if this little sketch gets you what you need. It's a small gable pop-out roof that can be supported off the wall. It will protect the door and the area in front of it.

http://www.countryplans.com/bbs/messages/5226.html

peg_688

Highly technical term for a "porch roof ".  So the thing a ma jigs are connected to the dealie bobbs , which in turn are attached with a Simpson A- 35 ZMAX clip  to the vertical dealie wy un gays. Perfect :)  And you don't get wet while unlocking the door , Priceless 8) HTBH  ;)PEG

Amanda_931

Not to mention snow (and rain) slide off to the side instead of on the steps!

(if it was just a  tiny bit wider you could put a shelf to set the groceries on while you fished for your keys.)

bil2054

It's called an overhang, unless it has columns, then it's a portico.  Upgrade once more, so you can drive a car under it and keep the groceries dry, and you have a port cochere.

Why do I remember all this useful stuff, but not where I put the car keys? ???