Speaking of Ammo shortages..........

Started by Windpower, May 21, 2009, 02:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windpower

I just have to try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rq5gE-9Qak

I mean I would if all my guns hadn't been stolen...........
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

Phssthpok

Hard to do with an AR clone...I have much better luck with my AK and .308 CETME.  ;D

Phssthpok

To be more precise...I HAD much better luck...before they were all lost in a tragic boating accident! :-[

peternap

I did that once. I couldn't hit anything on purpose and wasted a lot of ammo.

It was a borrowed gun.  ::) He was a cop but moved away and I can't remember his name. I was scared because I don"t own any guns [waiting] Except my duck gun that I gave away at a gun buyback n*
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

phalynx

There is a different technique that with a rubber band, you can do it with your hand and hold it in the correct position.

MountainDon

I've seen that sort of thing before... not sure why anyone would want to.    ???
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

phalynx

To burn up all of the ammo in a very short, expensive, period of time.  With a rate of fire of around 700, that's $287.00 per minute of pure waste with the cheapest ammo today.

Sonoran

Quote from: MountainDon on May 21, 2009, 09:44:33 PM
I've seen that sort of thing before... not sure why anyone would want to.    ???

I used to play paintball...I wasn't insane like some people. I used a 300 dollar gun which I thought was good enough...I was more into skill then the arms race like the rest of the players. 

Whenever I would play there would be people showing off how fast their new $1000-2000 gun could shoot. Paintballs aren't as expensive as ammo (It was expensive for me, but most of the kids out there had their parents buy them whatever they wanted.) It ranges from $35-60 for a case of 2000. 

Hoppers typically hold 200 rounds and the expensive paintball guns can shoot anywhere between 15-25 balls per second easily.

Anyways, it used to drive me nuts.  But I can see the relation between paintball and this vid. I don't understand it either.
Individuality: You are all unique, just like everybody else.

MountainDon

Paintballing is fun. I never did like the big hoppers though; just doesn't seem realistic to me.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.