CA housing costs

Started by Chuckca, June 03, 2005, 07:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuckca

A new development is going up across the street ....homes range in size from 2880 sq ft at $675,000 to 5033 sq ft at $950,000....NOW....add the 40-60k lot prem.....this isn't even a gated community....med level trac homes!

This is why I want to take my equity and RUN out of CA and never look back....

:o

Amanda_931

ACK. :o

And we get mildly p___ed because land prices have gone from 700 to 2000 an acre.  And even more so that outsiders are coming in and snapping it up because it's sooooo cheap!

Chuckca

I talked with the super....lots are priced from 150K to 225K.....this get you about 20K sq ft....WOW

I'm watching prices closely....we plan on listing our house....good timing....now that.....they've broken ground....

Greenbank

The irritating thing is that the minimum house size is huge and the max house size is obscene. (My opinion, of course.)

I suppose that's what people look for these days.
A fool and his money are soon elected.

Chuckca

Our home is 2014 sq ft....there are rooms we don't even use...that's why we chose the 20x30 loft plan...time to to scale down and leave CA.....

Taxes are eating us alive......!

trish

Chuckca....Since I also live in Calif, I'm wondering where you are located;  San Diego...Orange County... San Francisco?  

I was surprised at your comment about taxes. Since we have prop 13, our taxes don't go up all that much compared, for example, to my cousins in Wisc.  Their property taxes are HUGE compared to mine.  And since we are over 55, we can carry our lower taxes to our next house.

Chuckca

Where in the Center of CA....my taxes are over 3K....built the house in 91.....