My own ideas

Started by Scott Hansen(Guest), January 20, 2006, 11:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amanda_931

I think he typed it instead of copying it.  There's an e missing.

http://hollishomestead.blogspot.com/

I've never ever done that--
since the last time.

Which probably wasn't that long ago.

::)

Dustin

....edited my previous post to correct the link, too.   You can also click on my profile, and find the link there.
Typos happen, especially if you you're thinking about 2 more more other things at the same time.
Maybe I can install a couple extra processors to my brain to keep up?
I have some big plans for storage in the basement, but I have to focus on building the main house first.
I am also currently soliciting bids from vendors who sell and install ICF walls to do my basement. I'll let you guys know what I find out. So far, out of about 10 emails, I have gotten 2 responses in as many days. I don't know if they are going to be the way to go for me yet. If they cost too much, I'll just do a traditional poured concrete wall and some rigid foam. I thought perhaps with costs of concrete going up it might save me a few bux or at least break even.
We'll see.

Scott Hansen

Thanks Amanda! For finding the e....

Dustin, I did visit that blog. When I saw the site pics, I thought I recognized that sagebrush......that's Utah sagebrush. I'm in Salt Lake myself.

Scott Hansen

Now I find myself reviewing my plans. I'm adding a pantry, broom closet, linen closets and a small mud room. That, I think will be essential. Again, I thank you for your input. Mia, I'd like to see your one story layout when you get it posted.

Dustin

Yep, got a nice view of Cedar Valley, Three Peak recreation ares, and Cedar City itself. I plan on improving the view by adding several trees later.

It's pretty much at the literal edge of town, since there are no other houses (except those way out in the distance in the trees over by Three Peaks) any further out than my lot that anyone has built on (yet). I have a couple of neighbors and I noticed that the 2 1/2 acre lot next to me has a construction trailer on it, so I  imagine that there will be a house next door next time I come up.