Insurance alternatives

Started by N74TG(Guest), November 30, 2005, 11:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N74TG(Guest)

What insurance alternatives are you guys seeing as being available during construction?  I expect my project to take longer than a year to complete, but my insurance agent says most all Builder's Risk policy's have a max one year length from beginning of construction to move-in.

I've asked about fire and extended coverage policies, but apparently they are pretty much unavailable anymore in my state (Arkansas).

Any suggestions...thanks

Jimmy_Cason

This is an old thread about insurance.
http://www.countryplans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1110121889

I called my insurance company(allstate) today to see about owner/builder construction insurance.  
They told me they could only insure my cabin if I have not broken ground yet.
OR if it was complete as far as secured with siding and roof, and the interior walls closed up to cover the electrical and plumbing.
 They said they would call around and see if they could find someone for me.
Raptor insurance 817-282-4060   They are in the Ft. Worth Texas area.

jb(Guest)

my cabin is an old fishing cabin that I am remodeling from the bare concrete walls (it's bermed in the ground)...my agent asked me if I was living in it yet, said no...she said she can insure it if I list it as either a shed, or a workshop...I told her "whatever works", so I'm good for 7000.00 as of now, not counting the contents....thats about what I have spent on it....