Victoria Question

Started by Laura21, August 09, 2005, 12:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura21

Hi John,

I really like the design of the Victorai cottage and was considering using it for a new project I am thinking of doing. Can I add a full second story to incorporate a full bedroom and bath?

The bath is more my concern so it would be 2 bed 2 bath in one building rather than buliding the little house on the property also.

Thank You.

Laura

John Raabe

Sorry I haven't gotten to this sooner.

Doing a full second story on Victoria's would involve some considerable redesign. You could use the plan as a starter but it would probably:
• raise the walls
• change out the exposed beam and deck ceiling in at least part of the upper floor to hide bathroom plumbing
• redo the stair to meet a full code requirement for an upper floor.

You might be better off using the 20' 1-1/2 story or Universal cottage as the starter plan. 16' is a bit narrow for everything I think you want to do.  
None of us are as smart as all of us.

cciders

I don't know how much help this is, but we are adding a 1/2 bath upstairs by framing the bathroom ceiling downstairs traditionally and putting the plumbing for the upstairs in there.

Cheryl & Ron

Laura21

Thanks for that suggestion. I am still in the process of trying to find some land. I will go over it and get back to you.

Laura