Cop shoots fire chief in Ark. court over tickets

Started by ScottA, September 04, 2009, 05:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottA

This story is a prime example of what is wrong in America. The government serves it'self not the people.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32680338/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

glenn kangiser

I have avoided this subject as I rag on everything government, but I think it is time that the citizens stop looking the other way and take their country back from these criminals acting under color of law.

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

peternap

Quote from: glenn kangiser on September 04, 2009, 10:57:24 AM
I have avoided this subject as I rag on everything government, but I think it is time that the citizens stop looking the other way and take their country back from these criminals acting under color of law.

I tend to agree to a point Glenn....but the question is how? Kill them? That's not a good approach. For every police officer like these, there are a thousand that are true professionals... and you can't tell the good ones from the bad.

The real criminal as I see it, is the Judge. The Judge should be the balancing point between the police and the citizen. We have had fair success in Va, removing Judges that simply won't administer justice. There are still problems, but one by one, using video and Digital recorders, which are legal in Va, we're whittling the problem cops out and bringing the problem PD's under control.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

ScottA

I agree Peter but there also needs to be someone responsable for enforcing police ethics other then the department themself. A citizen should be able to contact the state at some level and expcet a real investigation if they feel they have a problem police force. The way it stands now in most places there is no one to call.

MountainDon

State Attorney General office. Here at least they do seem to do some weeding out of public officials gone bad or astray. Generally political party lines don't seem to stand in the way much either.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

We had a Sheriff here that tried to straighten out our local department by going to the AG in Sacramento.  They were in on it too and the straight Sheriff ended up at the bottom of the lake in about a month.  It took 10 years before his remains were found.  

I think they are better now - or at least they hide it better.

I guess your solution is one method to improve it, Peter, if it can be improved.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

ScottA

A few years ago a buddy mine got tossed in jail for 2 days. They never let him make a phone call or see a judge. No lawyer no nothing then just let him out without any charge being filed. He claimed the officer had it in for him over land dispute and just did it to harass him. He called every agency in the book to complain but no one would do anything. He tried to get a copy of the arrest report but they told him he couldn't have one so he hired a PI to request it through the public records laws. They told the PI there was no arrest record and that the guy had never been in their jail. So much for that idea.