PEX hose bibb tip

Started by PEG688, April 19, 2007, 11:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEG688

The plumber came up with this ,

Second photos not to good  :-[, but here the deal , seeing PEX is not fitted  / held hard at the screw on / off fitting you can't unthread the frost free without cutting into the wall , Kerry's idea , if it works out is a loop so a guy could take out the two screws that hold the sill cock to the wall then pull the F/F out of the wall to unthread / replace it  8-) 8-)

What could go wrong is the insulation balling up and not letting the F/F pull out. :(

This of course shouldn't happen ,  the water  would have to be  left on with a hose attached with a nozzle on it. Then  the frost free could break  :'(

Might save some one a hassle , the loop trick.  :)
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

glenn kangiser

I have a few Pex faucets around - the loop looks like a good idea as the Pex has to be cut a bit shorter to replace a fitting.

Do you know if the blue is UV safe on its own?  The Uponor/Wirsbo is not.  Needs tape wrap, in wall  or some way to protect it.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

PEG688

I don't know ,  :-/ this PEX will be in a wall, S/R'ed over.  PEX's isn't very pretty to look at,  :( copper looks much better if it going to be exposed. 8-)
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

glenn kangiser

I think I put a Pex eared el nailed to a block then a nipple out through the wall on one.  The other was a single wall by a post with the back exposed in a hidden corner so taped it.  Could be ugly but not very visible.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

I'm going to have to remember that PEG, could come in handy sometime.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.