Tiny Texas Houses

Started by Homesick_Gypsy, February 27, 2007, 04:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homesick_Gypsy

Found this great site -
http://www.discoverys.net/Tiny%20Texas%20Houses.htm

New tiny houses built with vintage materials except new insulation, wiring, etc.

jwv

Thanks for that link. These houses are so cool!

Judy

ailsaek

Oooh, I want to build somerthing like that!  *grin*  Yeah, I am very very fickle indeed.  I think I am in danger if I ever become a realtor.  "Dear, it followed me home, can I keep it?"

Homesick_Gypsy

The little victorian house reminds me a lot of John's Builder's Cottage.  I'll bet I could get them to build one for me.   :D

glenn-k

They are real cute little houses. :)

jraabe

Thanks Gypsy, those are great little cottages.:D  More alive, I think, than some of the Katrina cottages which are a bit larger (16').

For the most part these are 12' wide by 20' or so long and one has a 10' wide bathroom pop-out in the back (a good idea for building in stages - do the plumbing later in an add-on!)

Any of these could be built with the structural information in the Little House plans. That set has plans for expandable cottages of 10' wide, 12' wide, or (gasp!) the deluxe 14' wide. If you wanted details on porches, a larger loft, better insulation or a skid foundation for wheels and axles as these have, then get the expanded Enchilada Plans kit.

The use of recycled windows and doors really makes these little places shine.

n74tg

Here's a bit of old house trivia.  The first pic has a light blue ceiling on the porch.  There's a reason it's painted blue; what's the reason?

If nobody guesses it; I'll answer it tomorrow.

glenn-k

I would guess it's for people like me who like blue sky?   :-/

Homesick_Gypsy

The blue ceiling is to keep bugs away - especially mosquitos.  Right?   :)

jhambley

The blue color is used to confuse wasps. They think the porch ceiling is the sky and won't build their nests
on the ceiling.

Jerry

Amanda_931

Notice the window and door trims--inside and out--on the white house.  I don't think I'd use the inside trim design on the outside (think like water??), but even the outside is a bit more than plain.  

Except on the top window.