New Project (20 x 30)

Started by Baine, May 05, 2006, 11:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baine

We used 2x10x16' 16 O.C. with collar ties every four feet.

peg_688

People keepers ,

Climbers harness won't make OSHA happy but I have heard those that have them say they're better than the OSHA approved ones .

G/L PEG

Baine

The 20 X 34 is for sale as of yesterday.  We will "lock it-up" prior to sale, but we need to go on to another cabin project.  There is a great deal of interest in the property, but who knows.  We own another piece of land (17 acres) that we want to build our home on.  I want to try a different plan, so I need to see what else John might have that would work well on the other property.

Our work isn't over, so keep watching and commenting.
[size=12]www.thorn05.blogspot.com[/size]

Baine

Baine

Time flies when you're building.  We finally have internet and phone installed in the cabin, so it makes it much easier to communicate with everyone.  A lot of progress has been made. Right now we are waiting for warm, dry weather to paint.

We found it very nice to have a working (flush) toilet and shower. My wife and kids cheered with the first swoosh of water down the Jon. Our woodstove heats the whole cabin, and ther is no shortage of good Appalachian hardwood.

It's the simple things in life...

glenn-k

Great to hear from you again Baine.  Internet access is nice - fairly necessary for some of us. :)

QuoteClimbers harness won't make OSHA happy but I have heard those that have them say they're better than the OSHA approved ones .  

G/L PEG

PEG - my son is working on a copper roof project in Santa Monica.  I asked him if OSHA was watching.  He said he's not worried because the Mexican workers are tying themselves on the steep roof with their extension cord.  Have you ever tried that?  :o

desdawg

#8 is approved, the standard 14 gauge is not.  ;)