Finally, Proof That We Have Bears

Started by MountainDon, September 05, 2011, 06:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

The last time I saw a bear on our property was four years ago.  Since then I've not seen one myself.

When I emptied the game camera this weekend I have actual video. The bears and the cameras just have never been in the right spot at the same time until now I guess. This is a very short clip. This is cut from the very beginning of the 45 second video. I think mother bear must have crossed behind the camera and the cub ran across in front fast enough that in the time it takes for the camera to start it was half way across. (this is cropped quite a bit; in the original the cub a tad more than half way across the frame when it starts)

There were lots of other clues that a bear(s) had been around. Many old stumps were ripped apart a couple of downed and rotting logs torn up as well. Two in ground yellow jacket nests were uprooted. Our propane grill had been knocked over. There was a paw print on the fabric cover on the raised bed garden. Nail punctures more than a paw print. Just a trace; small cub size. But the material was not ripped, nor the box overturned.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Sassy

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

keyjoy

Whoa. That is A Great Capture of the Camera.  [cool]We should look into getting some cameras for around here.

peternap

Throw out some corn Don. They love it!
Of course I don't feed my Bears. They eat the Deer corn. I can't feed Deer between September and Spring so the Bears eat the Turkey corn.
They go through 80 pounds a week.

I have a sign at every feeder saying Bears are not allowed. They ignore it (darn lawless bunch) :-\
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Sassy

Quote from: peternap on September 05, 2011, 08:21:58 PM
Throw out some corn Don. They love it!
Of course I don't feed my Bears. They eat the Deer corn. I can't feed Deer between September and Spring so the Bears eat the Turkey corn.
They go through 80 pounds a week.

I have a sign at every feeder saying Bears are not allowed. They ignore it (darn lawless bunch) :-\

rofl rofl
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free