We Have a New Addition.....

Started by sparks, May 28, 2008, 11:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks

About three months ago, my stepdaughter gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. A little over eight pounds, lots of curly dark hair and all the appendages. At birth, her mother tested positive for cocaine and THC. So did the baby. They've both lived in our home since then, however , the stepdaughter got away from us just before Memorial Day weekend with the baby and life was hell for a couple of days. When we found the mother, she was so blasted she couldn't even hold her head up. The baby was ok, in spite of being with a bunch of low rent bottom feeders.

Today, my wife and I were awarded custody of the baby (MaeLynn). The stepdaughter is in deep doo doo.

Many, many years ago, I would have thought that it would have been nice for my son to have a little sister. Considering the wife and I are in are 'pre retirement' years, sure as hell didn't believe things would turn out like this.

The little gal is starting to smile and laugh a bit nowadays.

Life has a funny way sometimes of making decisions for us. I really mind don't though.  ;D  :) 
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

Sassy

Sorry that it had to happen that way, but glad she is in good hands... congratulations!  I'm sure she'll get lots of love  :)
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

sparks

Thanks Sassy, This little girl has become the apple of my eye.

In short, I had no idea that crack cocaine messed up someone that badly....uuuugghh.

benevolance

what is thc?

How in the hell... nah I am not going to go there... she is related to you...do not want to say something too upsetting... let's hope the mother gets help...

I have had some problems in my family with crackheads...and I just do not understand how or why it ever gets that bad....

the focus needs to be helping the baby overcome the drugs... they might have all kinds of problems because of the neglect...Let's hope that the little one is healthy...

glenn kangiser

THC is marijuana - a gateway drug to the rest.  I have seen so many on it around CA, who say it does no harm, but I find that generally most of them are pretty well undependable for work once they even get started on it so I for the most part will not ever use them for work except in a real pinch.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

muldoon

sparks, sorry to hear about the drama but glad to hear the lil one is in good hands.  My sister did foster care for the state for ten years and I saw some of the saddest stories imaginable.  What can you do but just show the kids some love and attention and try to impart on them the importance of good choices leading to good things.  crack is a horrible substance, the only word I know to describe what I have seen is "lost"  ..  no direction and completely lost track of what matters in life.  I hope she seeks out the help she needs, it's up to your stepdaughter really at this point. 

thc is pot, specifically one of several hundred chemical compounds within.  The thc is the part that gets people high (giggly laughing stupid), other active compounds like cbd and cbn are responsible for the stoned part of the equation (lazy sleep couch-lock stupid).  Neither are any real substitute for active life and happiness. 

Sorry again about the circumstances, but glad to hear you'll have some more love and laughter in your house. 

Homegrown Tomatoes

Sparks, congrats on your little bundle of joy!  I hope her mom gets her life straightened out soon, but I'm really glad y'all  were awarded custody.

sparks

Just a small update.

The little gal is doing great. Lots of smiles and laughing. And Growing.

Our pre retirement plans are a bit different now.

There are more important issues ........

sparks

peternap

Good to hear she's settling in Sparks!
I'm proud of you. ;)
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

Sounds great, Sparks.  I hope things continue to go well.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

sparks

Been a long time......

Baby girls can't pee on you as baby boys can.

OK, I got that figured out.

Had my first clash with poopy diapers today. After 25 years of not having to do so.

Poopy diapers are not gender specific.

Isn't life wonderful? :)

glenn kangiser

I always thought dealing with them was though, Sparks. ::)

sparks

Quote from: glenn kangiser on June 15, 2008, 07:58:36 PM
I always thought dealing with them was though, Sparks. ::)

Uh Huh, I'll just bet we were darlings at 4 months!!!

glenn kangiser

By about 2 years I could ask my grandma if she was having fun cleaning my diaper out.  She liked that. ::)

In reality, I can't remember my age...might have been 6 or 7 but I didn't want to give anyone a bad picture of me. [crz]

peternap

I keep telling my kids.....I was house broken at age 1 week! ::)
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

sparks

Quote from: peternap on June 15, 2008, 08:31:59 PM
I keep telling my kids.....I was house broken at age 1 week! ::)

Peternap, I've often wondered why you seemed to be a bit of sage here.
Well. housebroken at 1 week......
Apparently you were never full of crap.

sparks

Short update...

MaeLynn is now four and a half months, eighteen pounds, and full of laughter. She rolled over on her own for the first time today. Jeezus, do I ever feel blessed to have this child!

peternap

I'd say the blessing goes both ways Sparks.... Come to think of it, it must have been with my kids since they are much better parents than I ever felt I was.

Your a rare person these days! [cool]

sparks

Peternap, your children probably wouldn't be the parents they are, were it not for you.

And at the moment I don't feel 'rare', more like "well done". But in the mean time, what needs to be done and what needs to be taken care of is foremost on my mind. Poopy diapers and all. I really don't know why this litltle gal came into my life......and i'm not asking questions. Some things are obvious...others' not.