Fabric Formed Foundation (better picts)

Started by flyingvan, February 02, 2012, 02:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyingvan

Here are some more pics from my first owner builder project, the fabric formed foundation.  As MountainDon pointed out before, be real sure your boulders can support a house.  Where there IS soil, go deep---I went 36".

Here is a spot where the boulder reached the surface.  I had to cut it down some and epoxy in rebar.

Here is some of the framework, suspended over the trench prior to the fabric and rebar

..And here it is, all ready to pump in the concrete

No, it's not a really steep slope---I just couldn't turn the picture.  Just rotate your monitor 90 degrees and prop it up with a building code book.

Here's the fabric all inflated out.  Notice an anchor bolt in every yoke.  This spot went 40" deep between two massive subsurface boulders.

This was the only 'shallow' spot where the foundation rests atop the boulder---same spot as the first pictures. 
Find what you love and let it kill you.

Barry Broome

I just turned my monitor 90 degrees to the right and started laughing... it didnt' seem to help...   :o
"The press, like fire, is an excellent servant, but a terrible master."

Barry Broome

It's one of those things you do... and then feel like an idiot for having done it.. and then just laugh at yourself LOL
"The press, like fire, is an excellent servant, but a terrible master."

MountainDon

QuoteJust rotate your monitor 90 degrees and prop it up with a building code book.

You can do that w/o the book in windows Control Panel |  Display settings     ;D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

flyingvan

Well, it looks like turning your monitor DID help---looks like the picture is right now!  Thanks whoever fixed it
Find what you love and let it kill you.