Hand mixed footing for 2'x30

Started by cre90602, March 27, 2006, 03:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cre90602

Maybe im just nuts but i have a nice piece of land thats still wooded with a narrow(pickup width) curving driveway into my clearing Idont want to have to clear it to get a mixer in there hase anyone every hand mixed a complete footing is it possible I would like to us piers but still would like a perimeter footing
:o :o

PEG688

Sure it could be done . You'll still need to bring in the sand and cement.  Which could be done witha pickup / or trailer instaed of a dump truck.  A mixer and wheel barrows ,,,lots of hand work  :o

How long is the driveway?

If it's not to long you might consider renting a bobcat or Kabota with a bucket, a redi mix truck could stay at the road and off load into the bucket, run it up the drive and dump it .

The reason I asked the lenght is the mix will "seperate" some in the bucket ,  so if the drive is short say 75 yards or less that might be a easier way to go.  Have the driver spin the mix in the truck each time while your doing your round trip to avoid unneccessary seperating while he's waiting .

Others will have other ideas :)

Good luck , PEG
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

Chuckca

Idea and a question.  What's the max pump distance using a pumper?  

PEG688

Ya a line pump ,

From

www.concretenetwork.com

Line Pumps

Line pumps are versatile, portable units typically used to pump not only structural concrete,

A quick call to a local pumping company should tell you how far their equip. can pump it .  

cre90602

it should be 20X30 its about 600 from the road if i drag the hose straight back kinda on a tight budget im just not that famailar with spot footings and peirs and cand seem to find any good info on how many ill need

Chuckca

Why not consider a post and pier foundation?  So much easier....you can do them one at a time...just a thought!

cre90602

Would love to do post and pier but im doing a 24x24 cabin 1 1/2 sories and cant seem to find plans for post and pier

PEG688

QuoteWould love to do post and pier but im doing a 24x24 cabin 1 1/2 sories and cant seem to find plans for post and pier

Here's start, http://www.countryplans.com/20w_loft.html

I'm sure John can tweak you thru it  ;)

More info :

This plan set has a 20' x 30' footprint with a large open loft upstairs. It uses a 10' sidewall height to to get more usable space under the steep roof above. There are three different foundation types in the plans: concrete crawlspace, slab on grade (2 versions for different climates) and a post and pier foundation. You choose the one you want to build. If you wish, this plan can be extended in length as the structural frames can be duplicated on 2' increments. It can be built with a full or partial loft.

Good luck , PEG

Chuckca

Hey CRE:  Why not switch plans and go with John's 20x30  1 1/2 plan.  Then you'd have all the support and advice you'd need.  Plus, John's input.  There are several being built....seems to be favorite with people.

Billy Bob

You might also look into using a pressure treated wood foundation.
Bill