Alaska 1 1/2 story Beginning

Started by freezengirl, September 17, 2010, 10:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freezengirl

My husband and I said we were never ever going to build another home or remodel or...as we finished up building a lovely home in northern Minnesota. Thats it we said, we are too tired, work to hard, getting to old, blagh, blagh, blagh. Then we moved to Homer Alaska and get to start all over again.  d* This time it is going to be the retirement home and when we get it done we are going fishing! :)

glenn kangiser

Looking forward to following your adventure.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

freezengirl

We have been working on cleaning up the land, clearing brush, mowing ect. There are a couple of old cabins on the place, only one is worth saving. However-two outhouses :) We have been fogged in for several days, two wet for yard work so I have been packing ice around my aching joints and dreaming on. ;D

freezengirl

Try again! [/URL][/img]
[/URL][/URL][/img][/img][/URL][/img]

freezengirl

??? I have no idea what I am doing wrong with inserting images. All I see is big red x after trying to put them on this site.  :(

UK4X4

Freezen Girls, photos of her alaskan property !

when you go to your photo's copy the "direct link"

then  insert the link in between the middle square c's

]photo link goes here[

example of the direct link

https://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x335/freezengirl/property034.jpg

freezengirl

Thank you UK4x4! That was very nice of you to help me. I think I had tried to shrink the pictures and that is what went wrong. I am much better at building and design then at computers ;D

Proud_Poppa

Quote from: freezengirl on September 20, 2010, 02:54:29 PM
Thank you UK4x4! That was very nice of you to help me. I think I had tried to shrink the pictures and that is what went wrong. I am much better at building and design then at computers ;D

Please be kind....I'm easily confused. Are the pictures that UK4X4 posted represent your (freezengirl) place in Alaska!! Whatever the pictures locale....they are great pictures! A beautiful area!!
Near McCormick's Creek State Park, Owen County Indiana

freezengirl

Yes Proud Pappa (Love your name!) the pictures are of our property in Alaska.  We just moved here in May for my husbands work.  I thought I had a pretty good idea of how beautiful Alaska was until I  moved here.  We came from northern Minnesota up through Montana and then the Alcan Highway to the Kenai Peninnsula.  In my wildest dreams I could not have imagined the gorgeus country we were to travel through.  I kept thinking there was no way any thing could be more beautiful then what we were seeing...but there was.  The glorious landscapes went on and on.  We came through one pass outside of Palmer Alaska that was so beautiful, so overwhelming, I burst into tears! The closest words to describe what it was like is reverence, and even that misses the mark.