About finished Don

Started by peternap, March 28, 2008, 08:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I'm all but finished with the shotgun now. I decided to NOT use QD sling mounts. They just aren't strong enough.

I went with this sling and love it. Lots of carry options including the climbing carry (Like a backpack, The swiss use this method for biathlon carry)
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=1529&title=CLOSE%20QUARTERS%20COMBAT%20(CQB)%20SLING

I used this stock shell holder. I shortened it to three shells. Again, I love it.
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=846516&t=11082005

This thing will never replace my 45/70 but then....it is not supposed to.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

Looks like a nice ready sling.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

Peter, what's a good gun forum? Not a bunch of flaky survivalist militia types, but honest down to earth folks?

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

This is about the only one I go to Don.

The other's wind up plotting the overthrow of the world at some point.

Look at some of the loads for your Guide. I'm pushing close to 2000fps with a 450+ bullet.
Right up there with the 458X2
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

Quoteclose to 2000fps with a 450+ bullet.
Woo Hoo!!

HMMM. Did you mean to put a link in there Peter?

glenn kangiser

I think Peter means the wonderful Countryplans forum, where we don't want to overthrow the world-- we just want to understand and avoid the world.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

I thought he might mean that too, just wasn't sure. CP is after all the place.

At present I only frequent one other forum, the game camera one. Well and my land use rights that specializes in SW motorized access, but that's a tightly closed, by invitation only site.

peternap

Quote from: MountainDon on April 12, 2008, 10:02:34 PM
Quoteclose to 2000fps with a 450+ bullet.
Woo Hoo!!

HMMM. Did you mean to put a link in there Peter?

OOPS...Sorry. It's been a SENIOR week!
http://shootersforum.com/forumdisplay.htm?f=54

Maybe I'll tell you what I didn't get done at the farm! :(

MountainDon

glenn kangiser

I hang out a bit on the Alaska Gold Forum and Diesel Truck Resource - Dodge truck forum, but that's the main ones.  Primarily here.  The others are for learning and problem solving.

Both have similar members to here- good natured  - no squabbling-- I don't do snotty forums. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

Wow... there are a ton of topics there!    :o   But Peter pointed me at the Big One   ;D

BiggKidd

Peternap,

Maybe I'll tell you what I didn't get done at the farm!

My tractor is still a nice shade of RED about two inches thick. When are we going back?

Larry
A hard life only makes you stronger.

Larry

peternap

Went today....
Got stuck in the last leg og what we filled. It was WET. They had a gully washer yesterday.

The tractors running fine, thanks!
Set up the water pump for the summer.
Checked all the cameras....274 bear pictures

It was too wet to grade so I did some small jobs that had to be done anyway. Wrights Market went out of business between Thursday when we were there and today. :-\ I'm gonna miss them.

BiggKidd

Peternap,

After the storms yesterday I'm not surprised. Its a bummer that thursday went like it did. Glad to here the tractor is running well. Did you get the water filter on? Well I guess I mean the fuel water seperator on? Nice looking bear pic. We didn't even try to go up. I worked here all day. BTW The sand bags came in Friday. Now I can try my hand at dam building.

Larry
A hard life only makes you stronger.

Larry