House Update

Started by pioneergal, January 24, 2007, 03:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneergal

House update!

I can't post any pictures on the forum because my USB port is no longer working on my computer.
Dell says that it can't be repaired unless I replace the motherboard and I'm not doing that to this old computer.

On the inside all of the fireblocking is finished as well as most of the bracing.
A lot of the electrical boxes have been nailed into place.

Last week DH and I finished putting down the back deck / porch.... it looks good.
We now have all of the windows installed and we put in the back door last month (my xmas present  :)). It is the steel exterior 15 pane glass  door so we will be able to enjoy the dry hole ( future pond ) , fruit orchard, and wildlife.
DH and I installed the temporary front door today. The front door that we want is not top priorty at the moment so we put in a exterior steel door that we can use later in our storage building or well house.

The exterior siding is priorty at the moment.
The tar paper / roofing felt that we wrapped the house with last May is doing a great job of keeping the house dry but it's beginning to look weathered.  
We felt that it was more important to get the siding on the house rather than to spend the money on a door.
So the house is now "dried -in"!

A friend of ours is coming in about 2 weeks to help DH put up the Hardi Siding....Colonial RS 8".
We have purchased about 1/2 of what we'll need and hope to have the remainder by the time the friend arrives.

Thanks to all that have been such a help with this project!

glenn-k

Sounds good, Pioneergal.

Is it a laptop or desktop computer.  If a laptop with a pcmcia slot you an get a USB adapter card for it.

Seems a desktop should have a card slot you could use.