Site built staging.

Started by PEG688, February 12, 2006, 01:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEG688

When ya just can't reach , build it stout with something you know about  :)

The guys got a little nuts, while I was on a run to the shop,  added to many, (more than instructed,)  "x" braces , and the ladder needed more thought.

But it did the job  :)  Mainly getting those truss's up on the plates .   PEG
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Okie_Bob

Peg, just curious, did you build the trusses or buy them ready made? Either way they look good from what I can tell in the pic. What is the span? Are they 16" centers? If purchased can you tell us the cost?
Curious minds inquire!
Okie Bob

PEG688

Bob  #1: Ready made.

#2:20' 3/8" .

#3 : 24" O.C.  

#4: No idea; they are part of the overall truss package ,

And the whole house kit package that the home owner purchased from Lange com. B.C., Ca. supplier.  
PEG

Ailsa C. Ek

I'll agree with the others, those are lovely trusses (and the platform is quite quite nice as well).  How is the insulation going on?  Foam on top, fiberglass in between , or something I haven't thought of?

PEG688

MTL fiberglass batts , plenty of room built into all the truss's on this place.

One thing we will be using are radient heat ceiling panels ,

This is a 2' x 4' 220v. heat panel , they come in different lenghts nice heat , even  no forced air blowing dust about etc. , each room is it's own zone so you can tweak each one.

See this if interested       http://www.infraredheaters.com/ceiling.htm%20    PEG