Little House Plans / Stairs

Started by APG, December 11, 2006, 02:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

APG

Could stairs be incorporated into LHP? My though was to do a full loft or would it be a second floor (L and R at the top of the stairs.  This would create two lofts areas.  The larger for sleeping would be over the living area - the smaller for storage would be over the bath and kitchen.  I was thinking of doing 10" walls - which would give me more headroom in the loft area.  Eight foot ceiling on the first floor would be fine.  I'm undecided, but I could go with 9' ceiling on the first floor.  I'd appreciate your comments and suggestions.  Thanks much!

Dimitri

Why not! If you can fit it without taking up too much floorspace you could fit in anything you wanted really even a indoor spa!  :o

Dimitri

jraabe

The Enchilada plans set has a detail for a taller roof (using 12' studs) that gives more room to the loft. This set also includes a cottage stair that can be used to get to that bigger loft. That stair doesn't take as much room as the standard "U" shaped stair (normally about 6 1/2' x 8').

Those plans are for an upgraded 14x24 Little House. Several folks have built that version. See the Victoria Cottage photos where this owner did the Builders Cottage as a guest house/rental out back - http://www.countryplans.com/vc.html (This version was built with 10' studs so the loft would be taller with the 12" wall shown in the plans.)