Pics of 20x30 1.5 story in Oklahoma

Started by ntexastom, December 17, 2010, 06:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntexastom

Summer updates. Progress is slow but (semi) steady.

Patience is the companion of wisdom...

ntexastom

Updates. Electrical is done. Tile and kitchen cabinets are in. Carpet is in upstairs.

Next up is wood stove backing and wood stove by Thanksgiving.

ntexastom

Our local stove dealer said the Vermont Castings Aspen was no longer available so we went with the Jotul 602. Very solid little stove that heats up slow but stays warm.

dablack

Everything is looking great.  I like the clean look of the outside.  Not too busy at all!  Very nice.

MountainDon

Quote from: ntexastom on January 18, 2012, 10:28:50 PM
Our local stove dealer said the Vermont Castings Aspen was no longer available..............

I haven't seen any discontinuation notice from VC themselves, but I do know that this time of year through spring it is not all that uncommon for a dealer to run out of a particular model. The factory also may not have all models available at all times as they make them in batch runs. Plus a dealer who is out of stock will not want to order just one stove at a time as it is much more cost effective for shipping to order a number of stoves at a time. Not to mention the distributor/factory will usually offer a dealer a better price on multiple stoves compared to a single item. In any event the Jotul is a nice stove; just didn't want others to be discouraged about Aspen availability unless you check with the factory and they say it's no longer made.

BTW, some of the castings for the Jotul may have been produced by the VC foundry.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.